Author Topic: Its that time of year again  (Read 4649 times)

Moto63

Re: Its that time of year again
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2019, 05:20:09 PM »
Well as it happens chaps I may possibly be able to be if some assistance. I'm in discussion with the bloke who's made my yokes to see how much he will do some cnc yokes to suit the standard XBR forks and ignition barrel etc.... if I got ten pairs made the cost would come down but I then have to be able to sell ten pairs on to at least make my outlay back. I'll keep you posted on developments... cheers, Michael

mthee

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2019, 07:53:40 PM »
I'm very interested! Best guess on price...? Ballpark?
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Moto63

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2019, 09:24:15 PM »
Honestly not sure yet Matt, I initially asked him if he would be interested in making some solid copy top yokes to suit the XBR. I'd figured that there seems to be a few folk (like your good self I believe ?) who wanted to bolt risers and renthal style bars on but probably not that advisable with the standard relieved cast yoke. So with a cnc solid copy drill and bolt on a set of risers no problem, I then started thinking why not go the whole 9 yards and get a full set made up. At this moment in time I've left it with him to ponder wether he's up for the job/work and to come up with a costing to produce 10 items including top and bottom yokes complete with new stem. Approximately what kind of money would you want to be paying for a complete set of cnc ally yokes. This would give me an idea as to wether or not to go ahead with getting ten made if I thought I would at least make my money back and not be seriously out if pocket. Cheers, Michael

mthee

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2019, 08:42:37 PM »
Yikes! I just looked at prices online for a full set. I'd never get it passed for payment by swimbo accounting ltd!!!
A top slab maybe and yes, my bike came with risers bolted through the top - no issues to report thus far, touch bonce....  ;D

Oh, look - we've hijacked Joolz's thread - apologies!

Moto63

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2019, 09:26:31 PM »
Yes sorry Joolz... if/when I have anything to report on XBR cnc'd yokes I'll post it under a different title. Cheers, Michael

JOOLZ

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2019, 01:56:01 PM »
No problem, I have been following your post on cnc machined yokes, nice idea but would put me well over my monthly £40 budget :(

JOOLZ

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2020, 03:42:27 PM »
Just sent my fork sliders off for rechroming, £150 the pair, no pitting or anything like that, I have just worn the chrome through age. It scraped through the last MOT but I was advised they probably wont pass again. 2-3 weeks before they come back to me, have new seals and dust caps waiting to go on. I wont be able to do any more jobs on it this winter as it has skinted me, but it will be ready to ride again come spring :)

JOOLZ

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »
Covid19 test ride with all the latest mods, Turn up the volume, the new exhaust sounds great. Its a pity this might be all for this year   

Moto63

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2020, 05:27:06 PM »
Looking and sounding good Joolz, as you say pity it might be the only run you get this year,  fingers crossed we can all get back in the saddle pretty soon ... cheers, Michael

mthee

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2020, 10:12:14 PM »
Thanks for the video. Always good to see a bike in motion. I agree about the exhaust note - luverly. Does the supercharger add anything here, or just contribute the whine?

CrazyFrog

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2020, 07:48:17 AM »
Brilliant, love it!
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

JOOLZ

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2020, 10:27:30 AM »
Pleased you all like it :) The supercharger adds a hell of a lot to the exhaust noise, thats why its been so difficult to get it under control, if you restrict the noise then you restrict the breathing, I had to find a way of keeping the exhaust free flowing while keeping the Db down, it cant really be done, but the ear is not so sensitive to lower tones so I just concentrated on removing all the trebble and mid range. I think I have gone through 3 or 4 silencers trying to find something acceptable, Im not so keen on the modern style but it sounds perfect

Oldtimer

• Where the hell has my life gone?
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2020, 11:16:35 AM »
Sounds great. Pleased all your effort has come to fruition. Safe riding. 8)
Mike
Honda XBR500
Norton/BSA Gold Star DBD34 special