Author Topic: New bike day (warning, not a thumper, don't read if easily offended)  (Read 877 times)

Moto63

Re: New bike day (warning, not a thumper, don't read if easily offended)
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 08:01:12 PM »
. The fun is to try and keep your momentum going as much as possible by charging hills, and cornering as quickly as possible.  :)
That’s exactly what I used to do on my ktm390, used to love it. Cracking fun 👍

Itsme

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2022, 07:50:42 AM »
I have always firmly believed that there is more fun to be had from riding a slow bike quickly than riding a quick bike slowly. Whenever I've had a bike with a bit of power I end up either getting frustrated at being stuck behind slow moving traffic or scare myself when my enthusiasm overshoots my ability.

The other day I had a ride along the Via Gellia in Derbyshire which is a well known biking road and the Mighty Midget was flying, all of 55 to 60 mph and it felt brilliant. I've been along there when I had my 1100 BMW at a similar pace and just got fed up with 'dawdling'. I am a confirmed sub-350 fan and have recently been more attracted by mpg than mph.

Spartacian the impecunious.

Ian

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »
Ian I  understand fully, as I now love riding the BMW scooter (350cc). I have a lovely vehicle that is a compromise between economy and power and is so comfortable to ride.
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

Itsme

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2022, 01:55:01 PM »
Ian I  understand fully, as I now love riding the BMW scooter (350cc). I have a lovely vehicle that is a compromise between economy and power and is so comfortable to ride.

That is great news. Maybe we Thumperteers are just a sensible breed.

Ian