Author Topic: XBR Footrests  (Read 764 times)

Harfleeter

XBR Footrests
« on: July 29, 2022, 03:03:24 PM »
Hi all.
Does anyone know of a readily available replacement for the standard front (riders) footrests for the XBR 500?
The previous owner of my bike replaced the standard pegs with a pair of dubious quality 'lower/adjustable ' items. Crapola!
I wondered whether any of you had ever replaced your rider's pegs with an alternative or aftermarket version that fits or would fit with a little persuasion?
Grateful for any advice.

Itsme

Re: XBR Footrests
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 10:15:12 AM »
Hi Harfleeter (Took me a while but I get it!)

Is it just the pegs you wish to replace or the hangers as well? I have a pair of footpegs off a Honda CBF500, just the actual pegs, that you are welcome to if you think they might be any good.,

I am actually about to go off on my hols until Friday and won't be able to see a reply until I get back, but if you want to have a look to see if you can modify them feel free to PM me an address and I will post them off to you next weekend.

Ian

richardeblack

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 01:23:42 PM »
Yes, I'm not quite sure what you've got. If you send a photo I might have something that might help you out.
Richard

mthee

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 01:52:32 PM »
Hi all.
I wondered whether any of you had ever replaced your rider's pegs with an alternative or aftermarket version that fits or would fit with a little persuasion?
Grateful for any advice.
I replaced my front set with my pillion set for a smaller look on a project bike. The pillion pivot pin hole needed taking out a bit and I used a bolt and nut. Pic if you'd  like?
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

iansoady

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 03:02:20 PM »
I've done the same on my CB250RS which effectively lowers the top surface by 1/2" or so - not much but I can feel the difference.
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....