Author Topic: Morini the Minx 125H electrics?  (Read 1346 times)

mthee

Re: Morini the Minx 125H electrics?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 12:03:15 PM »
I have found that others have had similar problems, with the 500 v-twin. But, annoyingly, as is often the case the diagnosis/rectification of the problem is not posted!  :( So, I am left wondering!
How frustrating! A complex electrical  problem resolved and not added to the post. Should be shot, or ranted at, or both! Any, I get the feeling you are on your way to solving it, at which point everyone  can rely on you for a complete walk through. Best wishes, Matt.
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

themoudie

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2022, 10:47:30 PM »
Aye Ian,

.... but can be a bit prickly.

This was the opening reply to my polite, albeit detailed enquiry to AO.

I know nothing about Morini, I don't like singles, but I know a bit about ignitions. As I was reading your epistle I thought-retarded!
  ;D ;D ;D

For a man from Watton, "“He dunt hev any truck!”  ;) ;) ;)  Still better than a lota squit!  ;)

Good health, Bill

iansoady

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2022, 09:14:34 AM »
Yes, he's a bit like some other people where you have to tread very carefully to get any useful information. Are you any further forward? I still think after re-reading that your ignition is in fact advancing in the correct direction (although of course the actual amount of advance may be incorrect).
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

themoudie

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 10:35:06 PM »
Thank you Ian.

I have received further info from A today and whilst curt, it makes sense, but even he is "Puzzled?".

After wielding a strimmer for 4 hours and then clearing the resulting hay crop, before further mowing, with a rotary mower, today has not seen any actual progress on the job. However, I have spoken with another vehicle electrician and there seems to be some sort of concensus as to where to look and possibly change components.

Firstly, are the two cables from the stator coils to the CDI circuit breaking down under load/heat? Replace, with new cables.

There is a possibility that the poles on the new trigger coil are wired differently from the original, hence the signal cables need swapping! :-\ :-\  Not sure about this, but I will give it a whirl, if necessary.

Will update.

Good health, Bill