Author Topic: Annual Rally 2021  (Read 3731 times)

themoudie

Re: Annual Rally 2021
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2021, 11:29:35 PM »
Thank you Crazy Frog, 5 x 800Mg 'horse tablets' of anti-viral for 7 days and see how you are. I think I am lucky that I haven't developed the optic nerve option and don't have a large 'belt' of blisters where my trouser band sits. However, the internal pain, though someone is stabbing you with a blunt knife or kneeing you in the ribs, on the opposite side of the torso from the itchy rash is perplexing.

Thank goodness for motorcycling for some relief and exercise.

Good health, Bill

CrazyFrog

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2021, 09:04:09 PM »
Thank you Crazy Frog, 5 x 800Mg 'horse tablets' of anti-viral for 7 days and see how you are. I think I am lucky that I haven't developed the optic nerve option and don't have a large 'belt' of blisters where my trouser band sits. However, the internal pain, though someone is stabbing you with a blunt knife or kneeing you in the ribs, on the opposite side of the torso from the itchy rash is perplexing.

Thank goodness for motorcycling for some relief and exercise.

Good health, Bill

I hate to say it but my Mom developed neuralgia as a result of shingles. Being riddled with arthritis, she was normally very stoical, but even she had a bit of a moan about the neuralgia, so I know it must have been bad...
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

mthee

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2021, 09:07:39 PM »
Fingers crossed the tablets work for you, Bill. Sounds effing 'orrible, that does!??
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

themoudie

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2021, 09:13:00 PM »
Thank you both. At present I still have tablets to take and less than 2 weeks since it started, with the blisters starting to reduce. It will take time and I will see how it goes.

Up here if you are 70+ the shingles vaccine is on offer to anybody, make an appointment with a practise nurse and get jagged, as is the pneumonia jag. Go for it! I was too young for the former, but have the latter.

Regards, Bill
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 10:18:37 PM by themoudie »

Harry00

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2021, 10:52:10 AM »
Alas, regulations according to returning to Holland still haven't changed a bit (didn't expect them though, but hoped...), so, unless a miracle happens, i am not going to make it this year. Sad to have to let this one pass.  >:(

Anyway, have a great weekend to all of you! Hopefully better times will be there next year!

Itsme

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2021, 05:10:43 PM »
Alas, regulations according to returning to Holland still haven't changed a bit (didn't expect them though, but hoped...), so, unless a miracle happens, i am not going to make it this year. Sad to have to let this one pass.  >:(

Anyway, have a great weekend to all of you! Hopefully better times will be there next year!

Sorry to hear that Harry it would have been nice to have an international representative. As you say there's always next year.

Spartacus

CrazyFrog

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2021, 05:33:53 PM »

Sorry to hear that Harry. Hopefully things will get back to normal for next year!

2021 Honda CB125F

Rossco500

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2021, 08:38:01 PM »
Hope you all have a good weekend and the weather is kind to you on the rideout (and of course the ale is in good order! :) )

Regards

Tony

CrazyFrog

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2021, 07:31:07 AM »
Thanks Tony - we'll be too close to Wales to guarantee the weather! I'm going over today to check the beer is OK for general consumption. The things I do for other people  ::)
2021 Honda CB125F

Guzziless Steve

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2021, 02:05:33 PM »
Sadly not going to be able to make it over.  Ferries just working out too expensive to make it practical for a short visit at the moment.

Itsme

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2021, 06:27:09 PM »
Pete your dedication to the comfort and enjoyment of Thumperteers is humbling. Though as a strict tee-totaller your efforts are lost on me sadly.

Sorry to hear the Irish contingent, other than Timbo of course, won't be with us, I guess we will have to do what we can to uphold the craic tradition.

I'm excited now and looking forward to meeting up with some proper motorcyclists on some proper motorcycles for some proper motorcycle chat. This has nothing to do with my son-in-law selling his BMW R1200 to buy my daughter a new kitchen (that girl is too much like my ex-wife for my liking) or my mate considering selling his Honda CRF250 because he can't justify owning it (twat). Don't let me down fellas I need a good bike fix.

Spartacus

ARN

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2021, 03:22:07 PM »
Right chums,

I'm on my way. Google is predicting my arrival as 7pm, so put that time aside in your evening to watch me struggling with my tent.

Itsme

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2021, 09:41:40 AM »
Hi All

Just got back from a fantastic couple of days away at the Annual Rally, absolutely brilliant. It was great to see so many thumperteers in one place and the chatter and story swapping was epic. Lovely roads around the Powis Arms too.

Thanks to Pete and Tim for getting us together and thanks also to everyone there for an absolutely great weekend.

Spartacus.

CrazyFrog

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2021, 07:31:51 PM »
Yep, it was really great to catch up Ian, good weekend talking nonsense and putting the world to rights! 😊

Arn, sorry I missed you leaving us in Church Stretton, hope you got home OK and hope you'll have some good news shortly. 👍
2021 Honda CB125F

BradXT

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2021, 08:11:07 PM »
I hope you had a great time at the Rally guys. Hats off to Crazy Frog for organising. I had a prior commitment in the diary so I couldnt make it this time. But I hope to see you all at the next gathering, having recently added a Royal Enfield to my stable of thumpers. Cheerz Cliff (BradXT)