Author Topic: There may be life in The Enfield yet!  (Read 930 times)

Smithy

There may be life in The Enfield yet!
« on: October 09, 2019, 12:28:17 PM »
Hello all

I have been chasing around getting sparks back to The Mighty Enfield ever since I did silly things to the wiring. I still haven't got actual sparks but my biggest fear that I somehow fried the ECU now seems to be unwarranted. With a bike battery, a multi-meter, some gaffa tape and more than a little misplaced confidence I have managed to get encouraging readings from the ECU including voltage readings to the coil. Don't ask how as people who know what they are doing with electrical pixie juice might just fall over laughing or be evermore convinced that I shouldn't be let loose near a living motorcycle. Just be happy that I am harmless and feel encouraged.

My goal is to be at next year's national rally on TME. Or maybe the one after that, or...………..

Ian

CrazyFrog

Re: There may be life in The Enfield yet!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 01:15:55 PM »
Excellent news Ian! Fingers crossed for some more positive news soon, keep us updated. :)
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Moto63

Re: There may be life in The Enfield yet!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 04:57:46 PM »
Yes well done Ian. I too hate all that Alec trickery, defo my weak point. Wires everywhere, sparks nowhere to be seen ⚡️😁.... best o luck with finding them there sparks ⚡️
Cheers, Michael