Author Topic: Srx600 rusty washers.  (Read 341 times)

Peter

Srx600 rusty washers.
« on: January 04, 2019, 08:43:47 PM »
Hello
I have some rusty washers on my cylinder head that I would like to replace.
However, I am uncertain whether I can remove the screws without losing anything on the inside.
Someone who knows what's inside.
I vill try to upload a picture.
Excuse my bad English.
/Peter the swede

[attachment deleted by admin]

themoudie

Re: Srx600 rusty washers.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 12:17:06 AM »
Hello Peter,

Welcome to the Forum.  ;D

You do not need to replace the "rusty washers" or the cap screws retaining them.  :)

The 6mm cap screws have been threaded into the ends of the rocker shafts, with the washer, so as too prevent the threads in the ends of the shafts becoming damaged.  :-\  These threads in the end of the rocker shaft are used to extract the shaft from the rocker cover when dismantling the rocker cover for repair. If other bolts in the rocker cover have been located in the indents in the shafts, then you should be able to unscrew the cap screws and remove the washers leaving the shafts in situ.  :)

I attach an image of the rocker shaft ends on my SRX600 engine, as they left the factory.

If I might add? The earth connection under the tachometer drive could be located in a better position. No oil leak at present from the back of the drive and the bare copper wires of the earth wire open to corrosion. Not good.   ???

My regards, Bill

'Google' translation from English into Swedish, if this helps your understanding?
'Google' översättning från engelska till svenska, om detta hjälper till att förstå dig?

Välkommen till forumet. ; D

Du behöver inte byta ut de "rostiga brickorna" eller lockskruvarna som håller dem kvar. :)

Skruvarna på 6 mm har gjutits i ändarna av vippaxlarna, med tvättmaskinen, så att även gängorna i axeländarna blir skadade. : - \ Dessa trådar i änden av vippaxeln används för att extrahera axeln från vipplocket vid demontering av vipplocket för reparation. Om andra bultar i vipplocket har befunnits i streckens inslag, ska du kunna skruva av skruvarna och ta bort brickorna som lämnar axlarna på plats. :)

Jag bifogar en bild av vippaxelns ändar på min SRX600-motor, när de lämnade fabriken.

Om jag skulle kunna lägga till? Jordanslutningen under taktenheten kan placeras i en bättre position. Ingen oljeläckage för närvarande från baksidan av enheten och jordens lediga koppartrådar är öppna för korrosion. Inte bra.   ???

Mina hälsningar, Bill

[attachment deleted by admin]

Peter

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 10:47:06 AM »
Thanks for your reply. It sounds safe. So I can remove both screws and washers without disturbing anything inside.
The Srx 600 is new to me. I have only owned it a few months and need to get to know it. I have a lot to learn. I've also seen the bad ground connection. It will be replaced or removed. I don't think it should be there at all. This is my "fixer upper". I already have a yamaha SR400-82 and a SR500-79 in my garage.
/Peter the Swede

themoudie

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 11:22:01 AM »
Aye Peter,

If you already have the SR models, you will find that the SRX is similar to work on. You may also care to have a look at the website of one of our members that I think you will find very useful.

Link: SRX600_website

My regards, Bill

Aye Peter,

Om du redan har SR-modellerna kommer du att finna att SRX liknar arbetet. Du kan också bry dig om att kolla på en av våra medlemmars webbplats som jag tycker du kommer att hitta väldigt användbar.

Länk: [url = http: //www.srx600.net/] SRX600_website [/ b] [/ url]

Med vänliga hälsningar, Bill