Author Topic: XBR Street Tracker - Moto63 style  (Read 11431 times)

Moto63

Re: XBR Street Tracker - Moto63 style
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2019, 10:56:58 PM »
Evening chaps, first off thanks once again to Matt for pic posting 👍... well I got my yokes on Wednesday so full of excitement and couldn't wait to get front end built up, I then got the call from the "painter" that my tank was also ready. Excitement for more than this mere mortal could take 😁. However my excitement soon turned to shock when I laid my eyes on the tank. Absolutely appalling job. Terrible finish, not painted as I'd asked, in short just dreadful. Defo have to be re sprayed 😡😡.
As you can see tho it's finally taking shape. Roll on spring 👍.. cheers, Michael

Moto63

« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2021, 08:29:37 PM »
Evening chaps, yes, yes it’s still on going. However due to the fact I’ve agreed to take it down to Stafford in July I thought I’d bettter sort out the dreadful paint job on the tank. So earlier today I took it down to a recommended paint shop. Fingers crossed it comes back as I’ve asked for it this time. Hopefully get to do a couple more bits n pieces on it before Stafford but unfortunately still mega busy on our house build so it defo won’t be finished by then... 🤣🤣🤣
Cheers, Michael

Ian

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2021, 10:20:48 PM »
🤔🤞
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

mthee

« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2021, 08:31:30 AM »
Keeping the same colour, as before?
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Moto63

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2021, 05:12:58 PM »
Yes Matt, I’m going with a matte red tank with a matte black stripe down the centre with one pin stripe down either side of the black stripe. Then just a simple matte black seat unit. Looking forward to getting it back, hopefully it’ll done to a decent standard this time🤞... cheers, Michael

mthee

« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2021, 05:50:52 PM »
Nice! I'm glad the rotten paint job didn't put you off those colours. What were the defects btw?

Moto63

« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2021, 06:12:22 PM »
. What were the defects btw?
Well because I’d deseamed the tank I didn’t want to grind to much of the weld down as I might have compromised the weld/strength and possibly caused it to leak. Plus when I’d tig’d in the flush fitting filler cap the plate i tig’d it into was slightly dished so that again the weld around the edge of the plate to the tank could be ground down slightly, so again not to compromise the weld to much. So I asked the original bloke to just pop a tiny bit of filler around the edge of the tank and to pop a bit in around the filler cap welded in plate. He did neither. You could still see where I’d welded both the filler cap plate in and some of the deseaming weld. I’d done a fairly neat job so it wasn’t massively apparent but you could see it more in certain places than in others. I’ll forward you a couple of photos from when I’d welded it all up and you probably understand what I mean. Plus the general finish was worse than I could have done using rattle cans. 🤦???

mthee

« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2021, 03:19:51 PM »
Fresh off the stand at Stafford and looking lively!

Moto63

« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2021, 04:02:02 PM »
Many thanks Matt for posting up the photos of my tracker, the bike is still a work in progress.....IT’S NOT FINISHED 😉😁. Still some work to do on the exhaust system to make it a tad neater. Plenty of wiring oh and I then have to figure out a way to actually make the worlds first “gravity defying mudguard” 😉....I like a challenge
Cheers, Michael

mthee

« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2021, 12:33:55 PM »
Look what's just popped up, it's only Michael's flush filler cap...😁