Author Topic: XBR Street Tracker - Moto63 style  (Read 11432 times)

Moto63

Re: XBR Street Tracker - Moto63 style
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2016, 08:22:11 AM »
Many thanks Ian, although as I recall your srx was a very nice mosheen with some neat little touches
Cheers...Michael

timbo

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2016, 09:10:00 PM »
Some job Michael. One rare bike, and I just love the talent that is on this forum. The way you just seem to knock up these fibreglass parts is impressive. You'll have to explain the whole process to me at Stafford  ;)
Namaste

Moto63

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2016, 07:31:35 AM »
Oohhhh........that's a trade secret that bit, hours and hours go into it ;) ;) ;)....to be honest the last bit is fairly true but yeah so long as you promise to sign the official secrets act Tim I'll tell all at Stafford  ;)  ;)
Ps....the ikuzawa is now completely stripped and I'm just on with a ton of rubbing down, so hopefully shud be looking ok for the show
Cheers ....Michael

Moto63

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2016, 06:30:44 PM »
Just a quick update on the ikuzawa, got the frame and swing arm painted now few more bits to do the quickly bolt it back together for the Stafford show....it won't be in show winning Nick but shud hopefully look a bit smarter than when it was blue with pink'ish wheels. Oh and I've also formed a new seat ump...hopefully see y'all there...cheers, Michael

Moto63

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2016, 12:22:21 PM »
Finally got the ikuzawa stuff painted, well everything except the tank and seat ump. Hopefully start rebuilding it this weekend in readiness for Stafford. I'll ask Matt to post some photos when there's something for you all to look at....cheers, Michael

Moto63

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2016, 07:02:02 AM »
Morning all, well the ikuzawa is well on it's way to being fully rebuilt, I've just one problem do I paint the tank white or leave it bare ally???.....I'll ask Matt to post a pic with the bare ally tank so you can av a look....cheers, Michael

mthee

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2016, 07:48:05 AM »
Michael's ikuzawa progress and current dilemma;

"Do I leave the tank bare ally or paint it white??....cheers, Michael"

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:50:20 AM by mthee »
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

JOOLZ

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2016, 08:58:32 AM »
Polish that bare alloy tank and it will look stunning, rest of the bike is coming on a treat

Moto63

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »
Evening joolz, thanks for the input. Yes I'm going with the ally tank, the more I've stood and stared at it the more I agree with wot you're saying. Hopefully it'll look nice set against the red frame. Anyway best dash got some serious rubbing ahead of me :) :)
Ps...just a thanks again to Matt for popping the photo on for me, you're a gent. A pint has your name on it if you can make it to Stafford
Cheers, Michael

manxie

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2016, 07:01:58 PM »
Hey Michael. You`ve made your mind up about the tank then? I`m with joolz and yourself, polished ally ... oooh yes ... get rubbing!! (the tank!!!)  :o  ;D
1980 Yamaha XT250
1985 Honda ATC200
1998 1200 Bandit
1978 Bultaco Sherpa project (not started)
1968 Kawasaki F3 175 Bushwhacker (project in progress)

Moto63

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2016, 09:06:08 PM »
Bloody hell....who's idea was it that I would leave the tank bare ally??......just come in after approx hour n half of rubbing it down, barely touched it. I'd love to know who and why someone powder coated it in the first place, especially in the dreadful blue colour, very 90's. It'll probably be a kindda satin finish when I'm done. Mainly because of time constraints really, don't think I'll av time to polish it up properly before Stafford. Cheers, Michael

JOOLZ

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2016, 07:50:23 AM »
Dont give upon that tank, I recently bought a half finished SR 500 alloy tank, it was dull and grey looking with the welds still proud of the tank, so I had to file down the welds and emery out the scratches and manufacturing defects before I could even start polishing it. This has taken a couple of hours each evening for 6 weeks to get a nice polish

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:51:59 AM by JOOLZ »

Moto63

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2016, 05:16:04 PM »
Evening Joolz......looking at those pics, looks like you've done an excellent job. Hats off to you.  My main problem is time, or lack of it at the moment to be honest. I have to av the bike built back up and at least looking like the real deal by the 14th October, ready for the Stafford show. I'm certainly not giving up tho, I'm just cracking on most evenings doing a bit here, a bit there. I'm fairly confident of getting it done in time. Can't beat a bit of pressure to spur one on eh :) :)....cheers, Michael

JOOLZ

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2016, 05:34:46 PM »
You could temporarly cover the tank in 3M wrap, any colour you like including chrome look :)

themoudie

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2016, 05:48:18 PM »
There is some elbow grease in that Joolz and it is looking very good.  :)  Not sure if Michael's arms are up to the potential of repetitive strain injury from using all that elbow grease. The 'brushed' alloy looks good provided its all in a longitudinal direction, unless the old felt roll with some fine carborundum paste applied is used to produce the 'engine turned' appearance; but, I suspect that maybe a stage to far for the purists.  ;)

Whatever, power to your elbow Michael, and sorry that I shan't be able to view the Iki' at first hand, the Hebrides beckon!  ;)

Good health, Bill