Author Topic: Yamaha xt 225 carb  (Read 810 times)

guest1405

Yamaha xt 225 carb
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:55:08 AM »
I've found the plastic threaded part of my choke plunger is broken which allows air into the carb. I have seen on various American and German sites that they sell brass parts for some Mikunis but none for the CV type. Does anyone have any knowledge of anyone in the uk who could supply a decent replacement. I can't even find anyone selling a complete choke cable of the right length. I find it hard to believe that this cheap plastic part isn't a common problem and one which I would have expected to have an easy answer. Thanks everyone.

Furry John

• Global Moderator
Re: Yamaha xt 225 carb
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:35:35 AM »
I have the same problem with my dr650, Suzuki no longer sell the overpriced replacement cable, if you find a supplier, please post contact details,

Evenolderveloman
Here I go again!!

themoudie

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 01:12:00 AM »
Aye velo and Furry,

Cables or the bits to make them:

Venhill

Vehicle_Wiring_Products

Mikuni or Kehins carbs + loads of other bits:

Allen's_Performance

These links I would hope should give you both the bits you require or else a lead as to where you might obtain suitable replacements.

My regards, Bill.

mini-thumper

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »
Well done Bill. The last two you mention I was going to recommend but since it's been a good while since I needed to sort any parts I couldn't for the life of me remember the details. I've used them both and if they can't sort you it's likely it never will be easily.

Regards

Boyd

themoudie

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:04:35 AM »
Thank you Boyd,

Good to read you are still dropping by. Out today for a 120 mile canter to Arbroath via the backroads. Max of 6C with a SE wind off the sea. Fresh cod and chips, with a mug of tea, whilst watching boats in the harbour! No sand in the chips!  ;)

Good health, Bill.

guest1405

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 10:50:55 AM »
Thanks to the usual reliable sources for your information. I did try Allens without much joy but have now found that NRP Carbs keep them in stock! Try them for your model Furry John, they re not cheap for a little piece of plastic but needs must....
While waiting for the postman I've had the Venom out for a blast at the week-end. There's nothing like a real thumper!
All the best
Tony

Furry John

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 09:24:25 PM »
Aye velo and Furry,

Cables or the bits to make them:

Venhill

Vehicle_Wiring_Products

Mikuni or Kehins carbs + loads of other bits:

Allen's_Performance

These links I would hope should give you both the bits you require or else a lead as to where you might obtain suitable replacements.

My regards, Bill.

Yes indeed, thanks for the links Bill, I have yet to receive a reply to any emails from Allen's however.

Oldveloman, I will try NRP, never dealt with them before, but tis worth a try. Yes we were out on the velos this weekend and at a VMCC meet on Thursday, no road grit, warm sun for a while, Summer must be coming!

Furry
Here I go again!!

themoudie

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 11:38:41 PM »
Aye tony and Furry,

Nae bother and "Thank you".

My regards, Bill.