Author Topic: XBR500 Wheels  (Read 749 times)

manxdan

XBR500 Wheels
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if there are any wire wheels other than GB500 which will drop into an XBR with the minimum of fuss/modifications? I assume there are some Honda models out there with similar size rims/hubs which are easier to come by than GB wheels.

Cheers

guest833

Re: XBR500 Wheels
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 02:17:13 PM »

Don't know the answer so i'm not so useful! But, if you can't find anything and want something a little different i have seen the comstar wheels powder coated in various colours which does look, well, different!!

John

SteveC#222

Re: XBR500 Wheels
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »
I can't think of anything other than GB or XBR SJ wheels that will fit straight in and they are rare and expensive when they come up for sale. You could probably get others to fit, but it would need a fair bit of messing around to get it to work properly. fronts would probably be more difficult than backs, you would probably have to get a big trailie wheel and fit a smaller rim, but then you have to line up the disc etc.  i did once see an XBR fitted with ( I think) Honda CB350 wheels to get the wire wheel/ TLS drum brake look on a cafe racer - he'd made a very nice job of it, but it wasn't easy.  There was a guy a while ago somewhere on the forum who had converted the Comstars to wire using some turned alloy adaptor rings, again not an easy job.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!