Author Topic: YAMAHA SZR660 HELP!?  (Read 2980 times)

adamvockins_64

YAMAHA SZR660 HELP!?
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:52:30 AM »
i have yamaha szr660 sat im my garage and im having a realy herd time tring to find a good exhaust for it, if anyone knows of somewear i could get one it would be a great help :)

el vencejo

Re: YAMAHA SZR660 HELP!?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »
You're looking for something very rare.
Have you checked this link http://szr-forum.foren-city.de/topic,1539,-tuning-for-a-szr660.html
Lots of info on tuning SZR's

adamvockins_64

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:13:24 AM »
yea i have seen that one, do you know if i can just get a slip on can made for it? im planing to give it a bit more power with a dyno jet and air filter aswell ?

guest868

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 11:50:11 AM »
You could get a full system made for it if you spoke to the right people. If you wanted to put a slip on silencer to the stock headers, then again you would have to get someone to make you a link pipe, but it's not impossible.

andy230

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »
... the right people...

I'm not sure if Tony Cook in South London is still doing them.

Best speak to slipstream tuning in Kent, they will certainly be able to help, but their options may not be entirely cheap!  (But they will be good)

Have you seen:

http://www.no1bloke.blogspot.com/

For "Nth degree" tuning of the SZR. While this was done as economically as possible, it still wasn't cheap!  MHP exhausts made a nice system for this.

For road use, I'd go for stock headers and a link pipe with (generic) slip on can.  However, its possible that (with a tuned motor anyway) twin headers and 2 cans may be the way to go.  Down side- more weight, hassle and cost!

cheers

a

el vencejo

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 12:26:09 PM »
Brausch from Gazelle Exhausts makes stuff for me, excellent quality, not cheap and he can make stuff from your drawings, at your risk. His workshop is in France, but he has access to many bikes to use as jigs.
He can also arrange B&B, bike hire etc if you ride to his place for "made on the bike" exhaust systems.  8)

For just a good quality end can, Scorpion are good, got one on my Buell. Better if you can contact the office in Golborne direct.

There are a couple of companies on fleabay who make cheap BS marked cans with removable baffles.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:32:10 PM by el vencejo »

adamvockins_64

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 01:10:40 PM »
cool cheers for your help guys!

adamvockins_64

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 01:16:17 PM »
just out of interest have any of you had a go on one, and if so what did you think, this is the first bigish bike iv brought and just wanted a second opinion?  :)

andy230

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 04:56:57 PM »
Renegade are quite good cans, I had one on my road/race SRX (2-1), some pics on the site.  It was straight thru, no baffles, and probably a bit antisocial on a single for road use (tho I did use it on road too!)

And have a quieter, baffled one on my 660 Skorpion. 

Pretty good quality, in stainless.  the micron on my DR650 isn't bad either, but it was a bit pricey (for me   ;D)

just out of interest have any of you had a go on one, and if so what did you think, this is the first bigish bike iv brought and just wanted a second opinion?  :)

Mmmm! Nice!  Great suspension, and nice handling.  Wasn't pushing it tho, not mine to break!  Would still quite like one.

a

Steve H

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 10:31:20 PM »

I had one a couple of years ago, it was a nice bike and covered ground fairly quickly. The handling out performed that of the stock engine and my riding ability.

Steve

guest7

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 11:33:16 PM »

I thought the handling was bloody brilliant and I'd love an SZR.

GC