Author Topic: Cush drive?  (Read 628 times)

Dogbad

Cush drive?
« on: October 21, 2009, 07:17:06 PM »
Apologies fior hardly posting in here since I joined but times have been a bit odd recently and mind has been away with the wossnames ::)

The XBR had a bit of a looking at this afternoon and I realise that there is a bit of play in the rear wheel, feels like the cush drive is wearing etc.
Looked at a few dealers that advertised cush drives but none mentioned the XBR500. Anybody either know of a dealer or know of a cheap option that I could look at?

bullet350

Re: Cush drive?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »

the cheaper than cheap option is to drop the cush drive rubbers in some freshly boiled water to re-vitalise them (for a bit anyhow). or pack them with some cuts of inner tbue to take up any slack that has developed.

or do it properly......

bullet350

blew

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:15:22 AM »
My xbr had the same problem.I cut thin pieces of metal and placed them between the rubbers and the sprocket carrier.They removed the play and the sprocket is now nicely tight.Can't beat a nice tight fit!I'll go and lie down now.

KirriePete

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 08:18:30 AM »
Had the same with Wee Arfur and as I'd already spent a fortune on exhaust, cam, valves, rockers ..... you get the picture .... another £30 went to WEMoto for the proper stuff. Clicky linky thing

You're welcome

SteveC#222

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 08:46:51 AM »
..or you could try here.

But Wemoto are also good, this is just a bit cheaper.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Dogbad

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 10:50:38 AM »
Sorry I'm so slow in getting back on here, general SH*T happening so I'm not online much!
Thanks for the ideas. I managed to find a place that would do me a new one for £19-99 but a few minutes deep thought convinced me that I ought to try the ideas mentioned first and that £19-99 is a lot better in my pocket than somebody elses! ::)