Author Topic: Great looking site - etc and the weekend  (Read 1866 times)

guest27

Great looking site - etc and the weekend
« on: July 24, 2006, 07:46:34 PM »
Hi All

Steve - fab upgrade to the site, thanks for the time and energy you must have put in.  Is it possible to see my old posts? - probably tells me somewhere but that means reading... I had a couple of questions I had asked / been asked and would like to see if there was a reply etc.  I have not been able ot get on for a few days (week?) so I missed the ending of the old list.

Weekend - those of you at t'rally - seems you had a good time.  I could not make it, but as pennance I tool No1 son to Aberdare Park for the Sat of the Welsh National races.  Was a fine meeting - and boy do some of those bike shift and within the confines of a Victorian town park and real narrow roads.  Thye quads were particuulaly good - well the fastest was, four wheel drift and opp lock on all the corners.  Was nice to see and hear a few thumpers out there - including a KTM Supermoto mixing it with the more 'normal' race bikes, and a Simoto 600.  The classics were particular interest to me, Mind seemed to be a case of Mr V Glashier setting off int the distance on his G50, but there were some real pretty bikes - Seely 350 (Triumph) caught my eye.  As did the K4 hondas - but only cos I have one in the shed....

No real progress on any of the bikes due to lack of funds and The Boss being at home on maternity - s'funny how I manage to get out there many days when she is at work... lol

Many thanks again for the update on the site.

R

Steve H

Re: Great looking site - etc and the weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »
Thanks for that. Still needs some work but getting there. Old forum can be found at http://www.thumperclub.com/forum.php
Aberdare is slightly mad, only saw the signs after the event, never mind. Managed to miss Abertillery Blues Festival the same way.

guest7

Re: Great looking site - etc and the weekend
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 07:19:18 AM »
Simoto? Isn't that the bike that was handbuilt around an XBR500 lump? I still have the articles from performance bike about it. Nice to hear it's still around.

GC

guest27

Simoto
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »
It may well be based around XBR500 lump.  It sounded wonderful and went like stink - seriously embarrasing  some 600 fours etc.  There again that may have been down to riders, there was a TZ350 trailing in the wake of a Triumpg 350 engined thing and a Ducati 250 in some races.

R