Author Topic: xbr500 taillight and indicator wiring problems - time is tight!  (Read 530 times)

rocker

I am continually reminded how inept I am at sorting problems with my XBR. Have just replaced the wiring loom and now have no brake or tail lights and the left hand indicator flashes double quick. I try, try really hard to do the work myself, but having been riding for only two years just haven't got the experience, know how, or imagination, even though I have a shop manual, to make it work. Can you hear the desperation in my voice, and me half way through my forties.

There is a brown wire coming from the taillight sensor that I have connected to the light. There are two green wires (one again from the sensor) that I have fitted to the light. The indicator is connected to a light blue wire. I do not know where the light blue wire originates but the book says light blue and this is the only one. There is no earth wire connected to the taillight. Both indicators are earthed, but the wiring diagram indicates connecting them to green wires?

I am away from Monday to Friday, then planned (am still riding no matter what) to ride from London to Wales on Saturday, so would greatly appreciate an idiots guide to the correct wiring - idiots guide and lamens terms. I sincerely hope my inability does not offend anyone - I am willing to do the work, but...

Kind Regards,
Rocker

SteveC#222

Re: xbr500 taillight and indicator wiring problems - time is tight!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:00:04 PM »
OK, I assume we are talking about the wiring bundle under the seat?

From the loom you should have the following wires;

Green/yellow
Brown
Orange
Blue
Green ( goes into a sort of double connector  - 4 connections wire from the loom goes in bottom left)

From tail light you should have the following ;

Green/yellow  - goes to green/yellow from loom
Brown           - goes to brown from loom
Green            - goes to green double connector thing top right

From Right indicator ;

Green - goes to green double  top left
Black  - goes to blue from loom

From Left indicator ;

Red   - goes to orange from loom
Green - goes to green double thing  bottom right

That should be the correct connections.

If things still don't work this link gives you the full wiring diagram.

XBR wiring diagram

(Blow it up to 200%)
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

SteveC#222

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:13:21 PM »
DOH! :-[...sorry head in stupid mode ( I've changed my indicators!!)

Right indicator

BLUE ( not black) wire goes to BLUE from loom -green the same

Left indicator

ORANGE (not red) wire goes to ORANGE -  green the same

...sorry about that!!
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

rocker

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »
Steve, your assistance GREATLY appreciated, will try this set up first opportunity. Not till next Friday unfortunately, but much appreciated and will post result.

Rocker

rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 10:50:22 PM »
Steve - maximum assistance - thanks. XBR wiring diagram on the German XBR owners club site - will post contact if I can find the site again, or if needed by others can offer copy via email.

brian_astbury@yahoo.co.uk