Author Topic: Stafford Show 20-22 October 2006  (Read 2292 times)

mini-thumper

Stafford Show 20-22 October 2006
« on: July 24, 2006, 12:22:30 PM »
Its that time again. We will be having a stand at Stafford, and as per usual I'm putting out a call for those that are interested in:

a) having their bikes on the stand (Fri. pm until Sunday pm)
b) camping for the weekend (Fri. and/or Sat.)
c) both of the above

I am proposing to emphasize the 'rallying' aspect of the club and 're-create' a campsite gathering. It will also incorporate, as a backdrop, the 'helmet cam' footage taken by Simon Morgan during the ride-out on Saturday (and any other footage/stills we can muster). So if you want to come along, in any capacity, let me know and I will arrange tickets/passes accordingly. If you want to put your bike on the stand please let me have details - Make/model/capacity/age/special bits etc.

Boyd

Andy M

Re: Stafford Show 20-22 October 2006
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 02:14:21 PM »
"I am proposing to emphasize the 'rallying' aspect of the club and 're-create' a campsite gathering".

Is this wise? So, at one end of the stand we will have an area representing morning where club members with huge hangovers will attempt to do a full English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish breakfast on their own choice of wood/Gas/Petrol/nuclear fueled cooking gear. Extra points will of course we awarded for making a noise like Concord or clouds in the shape of any part of the breakfast (mushroom, egg, bacon etc.). In the middle of the stand part of the group will sit on the grass drinking beer while another group watch one member change a crankshaft using a tea spoon and two feet of partly straightened coat hanger. A further part can of course hurtle round and round the stand being lost, falling off and so forth. The final section will of course recreate the local pub (this could be popular).

Please sign me up as a possible for a bit of camping and or talking to the public. I can't offer a bike as I'm actually in the process of making some changes to the fleet at the minute.

Andy

Bruce

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 04:30:20 PM »
Greetings

As I did not manage to get to Dent because of the heat I would if possible like to attend Stafford with The Norton and if required I could bring its trailer as well.

Bruce

squirrelciv

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 05:12:05 PM »
Count me in boydyboy :-) If you want use of the best bike in the club just ask (good to be modest) As before, I make myself available early Friday to help with your erection on the club stand, or SteveD/Ricks monsterous green erection at the campsite :-0
Live long, live well, live happy

martyn

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 07:04:57 PM »
hey Squirrell, are yoiu going to get a new bike then?

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 09:44:22 PM »
I'll be up for a bit of That !

Lets discuss further !

Richard 003

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 07:55:09 AM »
Its that time again. We will be having a stand at Stafford, and as per usual I'm putting out a call for those that are interested in:

a) having their bikes on the stand (Fri. pm until Sunday pm)
b) camping for the weekend (Fri. and/or Sat.)
c) both of the above

I am proposing to emphasize the 'rallying' aspect of the club and 're-create' a campsite gathering. It will also incorporate, as a backdrop, the 'helmet cam' footage taken by Simon Morgan during the ride-out on Saturday (and any other footage/stills we can muster). So if you want to come along, in any capacity, let me know and I will arrange tickets/passes accordingly. If you want to put your bike on the stand please let me have details - Make/model/capacity/age/special bits etc.

Boyd

We can try to do this, this year. Not being familier with the setup - if we come on bikes but don't have them on the stand, I take it we can put them with the tents on the campsite (got caught out at a (non-biking) event once when you couldn't)?

guest7

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 08:21:30 AM »
We can normally get all of the vehicles on site whether they are being shown or not - however Boyd knows more about this.

GC

mini-thumper

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 11:19:09 AM »
If we come on bikes but don't have them on the stand, I take it we can put them with the tents on the campsite (got caught out at a (non-biking) event once when you couldn't)?

No problem! There will probably be more bike there than we need for the stand anyway.

Boyd

Richard 003

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 03:11:25 PM »
If we come on bikes but don't have them on the stand, I take it we can put them with the tents on the campsite (got caught out at a (non-biking) event once when you couldn't)?

No problem! There will probably be more bike there than we need for the stand anyway.

Boyd

Excellent. In that case, subject to management approval, we'll come. Bearing in mind our experience at the BMF, we'll bring lots of locks, and the sidecar can be a ground anchor for the KTM (on which Jane still has no insurance payout, or even an offer).

Bruce

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 08:11:56 PM »
Greetings

As I did not manage to get to Dent because of the heat I would if possible like to attend Stafford with The Norton and if required I could bring its trailer as well.

Bruce

Further to the above if you wish to have my old banger on dispay could I suggest that it is perhaps accompanied by old style camping gear (The only thing I,ve got is a 1/2 pint primus stove and a brass kettle) no doubt our noble leader could supply some suitable accessories and if anyone has a pudding basin helmet Black Prince Jacket and a pair of gauntlets etc etc.Against this could perhaps the newest bike be accompanied by modern camping equipment as a comparison.Also if I can get my act together I can bring a display of Rally Badges oldest being 1971