Author Topic: SRX cosmetics.  (Read 1256 times)

andy0405

SRX cosmetics.
« on: November 03, 2007, 05:00:44 PM »
Now that my SRX400 has had a good service, and passed with minimal fuss, I've decide to spend a little time and effort doing up the cosmetics. 2 things I'd like to do over the winter is to replace the tail/seat plastics and tidy up the engine case covers.

The engine covers are pitted (not badly) and have lost large patches of lacquer, can they be rubbed down and re-lacquered ? If so any advice gratefuly received.

Where can i get replacement tail/seat plastics ?

Great site guys, I'm learning to love my thumper a lot, its so much fun to ride I don't know why I didn't get one before now.

Andy

guest27

Re: SRX cosmetics.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 08:26:49 PM »
Now that my SRX400 has had a good service, and passed with minimal fuss, I've decide to spend a little time and effort doing up the cosmetics. 2 things I'd like to do over the winter is to replace the tail/seat plastics and tidy up the engine case covers.

The engine covers are pitted (not badly) and have lost large patches of lacquer, can they be rubbed down and re-lacquered ? If so any advice gratefuly received.

Where can i get replacement tail/seat plastics ?

Great site guys, I'm learning to love my thumper a lot, its so much fun to ride I don't know why I didn't get one before now.

Andy

Cannot answer the question - except making sure the cases are absolutly clean and dry before you lacquer them - and remember also any scratches blemishes will still show up.  However read the post and thought Mmmmm same could be said of Mrs Rog apart from the fuss... But DONT TELL HER I said so.....

R

Steve H

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 07:48:56 PM »
Paint stripper will get the bulk of the old lacquer off. Then use fine wet and dry, to clean up the corrosion. Never had much luck with laquer on cases so I try and keep them polished.
If yours is a monoshock then the tailpiece will probabaly be tricky to come by.

andy0405

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 02:58:05 PM »
Yep it is a monoshock, might have to look at some alternative plastics or just do away with them altogether.

Think I'll probably go for the polished look on the engine cases.

Cheers

Andy

guest295

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 07:47:40 AM »
There's a product called Nyalic that's used on aluminium boats used in saltwater, and alloy window frames. It seems durable and works well.

guest27

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »
Brilliant - saltw4ter is a rude word.. twats...

R

andy0405

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 04:19:19 PM »
There's a product called Nyalic that's used on aluminium boats used in salt***er, and alloy window frames. It seems durable and works well.

Where do you get it from ?