Author Topic: Change Of Engine Number Notification To DVLA  (Read 309 times)

xbally

Change Of Engine Number Notification To DVLA
« on: January 14, 2024, 12:05:48 PM »
On my none thumper winter project - GPZ500 - I've put another engine into a rolling chassis I bought off Ebay with a V5C. The engine has come from my other GPZ which is also registered in my name on the V5C. On the DVLA website it states one of the following is needed : a receipt for the replacement engine, written evidence from the manufacturer, an inspection report for insurance purposes, or written confirmation on headed notepaper from a garage if the change took place before you bought the vehicle. I'm inclined to try emailing Kawasaki but am aware manufacturers are generally only interested in selling new models these days. Does anyone have any experience of this please?
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535

iansoady

Re: Change Of Engine Number Notification To DVLA
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 03:43:20 PM »
I did something very similar with my Triumph-Greeves. Initially registered it as a Greeves with an appropriate Villiers engine and dating letter from the GRA. Then just sent in the V5C with change of capacity and new engine number plus a printed receipt from the engine seller - which in fact anybody could generate as it was a private seller not a garage. All went through with no problem.
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1965 BSA-Suzuki
1992 Yamaha SRV250

xbally

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 05:07:39 PM »
Thanks Ian. That's good to know. Will maybe try something along those lines.

xbally

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 02:17:17 PM »
I've just had my V5 back from the DVLA with the engine number changed as I requested.Result-thanks again Ian.

Moto63

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 04:38:47 PM »
Good result Martin. Y’ve just gotta love an happy ending 😉👍