Author Topic: oooh look what i have found  (Read 346 times)

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
oooh look what i have found
« on: August 21, 2023, 03:29:18 PM »
i mentioned to Bill (& all & sundry probably) that i was looking for the unions for the oil cooler pipes to the engine for my #10 srx.
no-one seemed to know where to find them (not listed in fowlers), i was in my local yamaha dealers and asked Phil (he who never throws anything away) the parts manager if he still had his microfiche of srx marques. no, but he did have the printed parts list for every marque of srx 6's & 4's !! took him 15 mins to find the book and 2 mins to find the oil cooler section for 1JK's ... and a part number for the unions, superseded, but hey! in stock at european HQ. result.
so i upload the page for your edification.
would there be any mileage in blagging the book off him and photocopying it (100+ pages) and posting it on here ?
answers/solutions invited

and here's one the right way up

or not! sod it, you'll just have to stand on your head  :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 03:37:41 PM by Steve Lake »

Moto63

Re: oooh look what i have found
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 06:48:44 PM »
That’s a result if ever I heard one👍👍
Just hope you can read/speak Japanese 😉😆

Ian

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 10:28:39 PM »
Can't see you bagging such a valuable item off him Steve, but you can try. If you need anyone to help to scan, print, or otherwise save said parts list, then you only have to ask. I can't believe anyone still has those. Faith in parts of human nature partly restored. Glad you got sorted with the unions. I would have gladly made you a pair👍
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

themoudie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 11:05:30 PM »
You don't say bor!  :o That bor Phil will have earned a Bishop's if he lets you fondle his printed parts list.

However, if you cast the peepers at this link to SteveH's excellent website, you'll see the same information, without the "Honourable" undecipherable: SRX600.net_1JK_oil_cooler_parts#

If there are any differences between machine models it would be very handy to know. As parts become more scarce, then swapping and adaptation are going to have to be made to keep the old birds running.

Same as Ian, if you need some scanning/pdfing of said list drop me a line.

Toodle pip from a cool and dreich Myreside, Bill

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 07:16:06 AM »
Ian, thanks, i hadn't forgotten your offer but thought i'd persevere and for once it payed off.
IF i can blag the book off Phil for a week or so then the offers of copying/pdf'ing may well get taken up. i have a big oki printer/scanner but it's pedestrian. IF these parts turn up they'll cost me a tenner each, which by yamaha standards isn't too bad, when you look at the price of the oil cooler itself at an eyewatering £423.80!! also unobtaineum ..

Bill, thanks also for the offer. and yes Phil will earn at least a pint of abbot if i get my hands on the book. as 'tinklers' is only 400 yds from one of the best freehouses in the country ('the fat cat' google it if you don't believe me :-) ) i'm surprised that i don't have to go there to collect my parts.
when i searched that union part # on fowlers website it came up as unobtaineum with no alternative number, so how Phil managed to cross reference it i'm not sure. but fowlers did show it listed for other models and interestingly showed it as the same item used on the oil tank connection.