Author Topic: Irish road racing is in deep peril!  (Read 397 times)

themoudie

Irish road racing is in deep peril!
« on: February 15, 2023, 09:51:00 PM »
I knew that the insurance costs for this season's racing in Ireland had proved prohibitive and yet the NW200 was trying it's hardest to run a race program, but, this is not looking good.  :'(

BBC link: 2023_NW200_50:50_chance_of_running!

This same insurance cost hike could also affect the IoM.

Good health, Bill

deleted

Re: Irish road racing is in deep peril!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 11:08:10 PM »
Insurance companies price gouging... colour me surprised  :-[

Moto63

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 08:39:42 AM »
Yet another victim of the blame, claim culture. 🤦???🤦???

Richard

• Always wear protection
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 09:44:35 AM »
A 'victim of the blame, claim, culture'?  They've needed insurance for their activities for a long time - and road racing, though wonderful, is pretty risky stuff for the public too.  Seen plenty of dead and injured spectators on the Isle of Man.
Note to Self: Shiney side goes UP.

Moto63

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 10:31:48 AM »
“The insurers becoming increasingly concerned by the number of CLIAMS in the sport”
I fully appreciate that we need insurance, however we all know the risk of racing, wether it be on a track but more so on a closed road circuit and we the spectators also know the risks of standing so close to the racing, we just subconsciously think “i won’t get killed standing watching motorcycles racing”.
Life is full of risks, just in the past we seemed to accept that more readily than we do nowadays. Plus we seemed to also accept the consequences of our actions more readily too.
Cheers, Michael

CrazyFrog

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 03:08:00 PM »
“The insurers becoming increasingly concerned by the number of CLIAMS in the sport”
I fully appreciate that we need insurance, however we all know the risk of racing, wether it be on a track but more so on a closed road circuit and we the spectators also know the risks of standing so close to the racing, we just subconsciously think “i won’t get killed standing watching motorcycles racing”.
Life is full of risks, just in the past we seemed to accept that more readily than we do nowadays. Plus we seemed to also accept the consequences of our actions more readily too.
Cheers, Michael

All very true Michael...
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F