Author Topic: Its different  (Read 518 times)

Itsme

Its different
« on: January 12, 2023, 04:07:34 PM »
Hi Thumperteers

After being let down by the dealer with the CBF250 I went to look at a local dealer with a Kawasaki KLE500 for sale. Advertised as only 11000 miles but when I got there it was on a workbench with a burned out alternator! Another dodgy dealer.

So I went to a big, shiny dealer (Superbike Factory at Donnington) and bought a 2016 Suzuki 250 Inazuma. What a difference. Clean tidy showroom, polite, helpful staff, honest, clean bike and should be ready tomorrow. Why can't they all be like that? I even got £100 knocked off just because the salesman was being nice.

The Mighty Midget will go on hold for a while whilst I play with my new toy, but won't be forgotten about.

Ian 

Moto63

Re: Its different
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 04:46:41 PM »
Brilliant news Ian. Hopefully the sale all goes well for you this time. 🤞
Is the inazuma a single or a twin? Never actually seen one, least I don’t think I have 🤷???
Cheers, Michael

CrazyFrog

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 06:49:06 PM »
Excellent news Ian, good luck with it. I know it's not a thumper, but I really like mine. It reminds me a lot of my first 'big' bike in the early 80's which was a Kawasaki GPZ305. It's a proper full sized bike, and though they are supposed to run out of steam at about 90 on the clock, mine will happily cruise at 70 all day, which is enough for me.

Allegedly, it's less powerful than either the Jawa or Himalayan but on the road it'll leave either of those two worthy steads far behind. I guess some horses have more go than others!
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Itsme

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 07:57:29 AM »
Hi Michael/Pete

The Inazuma is a twin in the usual modern style, i.e. water-cooled etc. The one I have bought has a full fairing which I didn't know they did as all the others I have seen have been naked.

70mph all day suits me fine Pete as I usually hover around 60mph on main roads and less when on small back roads.

Looking forward to, hopefully, picking it up today. Just got to think of a new name, up to now Sid seems most likely.

Ian

mthee

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 12:33:27 PM »
Great news and a break from fettling  ;)
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Moto63

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 03:50:45 PM »
A TWIN you say.... get thee away from here, banished i say, banished.

Seriously Ian, delighted for you, hope it pick up goes well and I’m sure the bike will.🤞
Why Sid, can I ask.
Sid the suzook ??
Cheers, Michael

Itsme

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2023, 05:45:34 PM »
Hi all

I did pick up the Inazuma today and I love it, why didn't I buy a modern bike years ago? This thing performs better than my old BSA 650 used to and its only a 250. I have gone over to the dark side clearly.

I did have to get a bit stroppy with Superbike Factory as they were saying they couldn't guarantee a delivery date so I told them I paid promptly and in full so the date was today or I would have a refund. Remarkably within 30 seconds they had a time for me to collect the bike!

I'm off to play.

Ian

Michael - I just like the name Sid but I don't know why. When my daughter was 'in utero' so to speak me and my wife used to call her Sid, as in Sid the sperm. I know, very strange.

mthee

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 08:48:08 PM »
Love the Spartacian hardball result - well played!

iansoady

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »
The dark side indeeed. I hope you will still talk to us who are mired in the slough of antiquity.....
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

mthee

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 01:11:12 PM »
Slough? Yes, a terrible and depressing place to be...

Itsme

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 04:22:27 PM »
Most days when I get up I think I am mired in the slough of antiquity, then I remember motorbikes and the fact that I'm not a real grown up.

Of course I will still speak to you; no-one else speaks to me so I might as well.

After playing hardball with Superbike Factory I am considering wearing shades and listening to badly played Italian music. Might even call myself Don Spartacian.

Or not.

Moto63

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2023, 04:50:57 PM »
Yeah... I’m seeing it now 😎Don Spartacian 😁

mthee

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2023, 12:51:36 AM »
Capisco, Don Spartacian!