Author Topic: YouTube link Scottish Classic Motorcycle Club meet 2022-09-18  (Read 860 times)

themoudie

YouTube link Scottish Classic Motorcycle Club meet 2022-09-18
« on: September 21, 2022, 12:28:26 AM »
Thought that some of the bikes featured would be of interest. Video shot by my Norton/MotoGuzzi aficionado friend Gino. The Duke is in, as is a wee cameo of myself chuckling at the reaction of a friend having a video pointed in his face by Gino!  ;D

The food is excellent at the Tullybanacher cafe, on the A85, west of Comrie, Perthshire. No! I don't get a free scone and jam for the plug! ;)

Enjoy the bikes.

Link: 2022-09-18_SCMC_meeting

Good health, Bill

Ian

Re: YouTube link Scottish Classic Motorcycle Club meet 2022-09-18
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 07:07:17 AM »
Bill there are some wonderful examples there. Looks like it was a good day for all involved. 👍🏍?
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

mthee

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 12:09:08 PM »
So many lovely machines and yours stood out amongst them. All ridden, not trailered? Also good to put a face to a name we have all received sound advice from.
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Moto63

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 08:35:09 PM »
Yes, enjoyed watching the video bill. Personally I liked the 70’s jap stuff the best🤦???.
I almost didn’t recognise you as I’m sure you didn’t have a beard when you came out with us when we were up i Moffat a few years back.
Thanks for posting 👍
Cheers, Michael 

themoudie

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 09:10:01 PM »
Thank you all for your compliments.  :) The Rocket 3 was a lovely bit of kit.

As for the hirsute appendage Michael, give the grey matter a wee ringing! :) I've had the "full set" now for 49 years and my wife has never seen me without  :o  so, if I were to do a sponsored shave, I could pass by incognito!  :-X

Back in after a 150 mile canter to Loch Awe, to see an old friend. A steady 55 - 65mph on the A85, with not much traffic about, some touring bikes and a wee shower west of Tyndrum on the out and in runs. Averaging 80 mpg and dropped the oil out once home, as it is 1,500 miles since the clutch pillar failure rebuild. Have to do the chain as well tomorrow and a general checkover, whilst it rains, in readiness for a dryish weekend.  :) :) :) :) :)

Keep putting the miles under the wheels! As for your query mthee
All ridden, not trailered?
Splutter! No room for a car in the car park, let alone a car and trailer and the derision, cat calling, ribbing would have been very severe. :-[ :-[ :-[ ;) The bikes were also parked along the verge of the A85 either side of the entrance and up the middle of the entrance so that only a single bike could enter on one side or leave on the other.

Good health, Bill

Moto63

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 09:37:46 PM »
My upmost apologies Bill. Please consider my grey matter well n truly wrung 🤦???. I’m going to blame it on the moray I’d just drunk before watching the video in question 🤪
Name withheld to protect the innocent 😇

mthee

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 10:40:28 PM »
Rocket 3 video came up on my feed,  strangely enough. From The Lemon Dizzle Gang - "Middle-aged men riding middle-aged bikes in search of lemon drizzle cake"

Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

themoudie

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 12:11:42 AM »
Thanks for posting mthee. Bill

Itsme

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 06:23:08 AM »
Hi Bill

What a lovely gathering of interesting bikes, the Ducati looked fabulous and I particularly liked the side valve Norton (16H?) at about 1 minute and 40 seconds into the video. I always judge whether I like a bike by what I first think when I see it. If my first thought is 'where could I go on that?' then it's a winner in my book. Lots of the bikes in your video made me want to jump on board and take a ride, the Guzzis and a couple of the Commandos were eminently rideable.

Lovely bikes in a lovely place with some nice people, what more could you want?

Ian

spooky

• Sunny Dumfries
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 07:19:25 PM »
Red Ducati and jolly rider....
Classic efi squadron blue, CG125, Terrot 125, CM200 sprinter,

Moto63

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 07:59:02 PM »
Top photo... still sure he’s just grown that beard 🤦???😉

Rossco500

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2022, 10:22:55 PM »
Looks like an enjoyable meetup Bill. Good to see the older stuff out and about. I think our club may have called into that cafe a couple of times on the way back to the Rob Roy Motel in Aberfoyle. There's even fewer older bikes on our weekend than when we last met. Saying that one couple from Strabane rode over on their Vincent Comet and I was on my trusty 33 year old XBR - still probably my favourite bike.

All the best

Tony

themoudie

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2022, 11:42:52 PM »
Aye Rufus,

May I ask how you got that image?  ;)  I was off to get a bite to eat up at St.Fillans, as the queue was still back out the door at the Tullybannocher. Thank you for posting. May I take a copy, please?

Aye Tony,

I was in Aberfoyle on Friday afternoon, having ridden the Dukes Pass. The road has been patched using the hot tube method of filling the hole with hot bitumen and chippings under pressure and then leveling it off with a shovel, if you're lucky. The entire road was then given the hot tar spray and fine chipping, with dust treatment.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( What used to be a scratchers delight, or even a pleasant pootle, is now decidedly dodgy in some parts. Large 6 wheeled coaches don't help either and they tend to fill the corners up!  :o

However, the steak and Stornaway black pudding pies, or pork sausage rolls from the butchers are still highly recommended, as are the tray bakes, for that sugar rush! ;)

Last time I thought that there weren't many older bikes on a "Classic bike" run, so sorry to read that there are even fewer the last run you made. Plenty of cash in Bearsden!  ;)

Good health, Bill
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:59:37 PM by themoudie »

Itsme

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2022, 07:16:20 AM »
Brilliant photo of a happy man on a lovely bike. I did smile to myself though as yet another TC member is revealed to be a greybeard as they used to refer to classic trials men.

When I exchanged my Enfield for Spooky's GN250 a few years ago my son commented after meeting Rufus 'blimey dad, if he had got in the van and driven me home I wouldn't have noticed it wasn't you'. Overstated perhaps but I saw his point.

Long live the greybeards and their out-of-date motorcycles!

Spartacian the old git.

themoudie

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2022, 09:57:28 AM »
Dug out from the archives!

This image should help Michaels amnesia and shows the Ducati in a previous guise. Silver rattle can painted frame, hand lettered tank, rattle can Ford Rosso red panels, forward footrests, reversed clip-ons, same Unity Euipe Honda 400/4 fibreglass headlamp, original "instruments" and Girling Gas shocks, picked up in the IoM after the ISDT; 355mm between centres, rather than the standard 300mm or 310mm, so the steering was "quick"! ::)

The wee person was about 2 at the time, so this would be 1984 and we were living up a Highland glen, 10 miles from the nearest shop. As Kat said just now "The Duke coming up the glen on an open reverse cone megga was the original "Thunder in the Glen"."  ;D ;D ;D

As for the "greybeard", if the cap fits wear it. I never did see the point of not having a beard, it just gets trimmed a bit more these days! ;)

Good health to you all and I hope that you can get some more miles under the wheels this weekend.

Bill