Author Topic: Yet another new thumper  (Read 895 times)

Ian

Yet another new thumper
« on: August 24, 2022, 07:57:27 PM »
A bit hush hush I think....looks good but a hefty price tag (circa £14k)
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

Moto63

Re: Yet another new thumper
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 08:16:04 PM »
Hesketh by the looks Ian. Yes it’ll have to be good if it is 14 mucho grando, suppose we’ll just have to wait n see.
Thanks for posting 👍

Itsme

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 06:40:30 AM »
No wonder the Chinese are doing so well when all most bike manufacturers in Britain can do is produce rich man's toys. Another show pony to be bought by people with more money than passion. I should put this in rants really as I am bloody sick of being priced out of what used to be a cheap hobby.

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 07:32:32 AM »
Yes Ian, as soon as I looked at the proposed 14 mucho grando price tag I thought. “That’s pretty much double what my triumph trident cost me” and I just can’t see it being twice the bike my trident is.

Ian

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 12:08:08 PM »
............ “That’s pretty much double what my triumph trident cost me” and I just can’t see it being twice the bike my trident is.

And only one third of the cylinders 😱

Moto63

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 12:10:48 PM »

And only one third of the cylinders 😱
EXACTLY!!!!

CrazyFrog

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 06:37:36 PM »
No wonder the Chinese are doing so well when all most bike manufacturers in Britain can do is produce rich man's toys. Another show pony to be bought by people with more money than passion. I should put this in rants really as I am bloody sick of being priced out of what used to be a cheap hobby.

Ian

I have a sneaking suspicion that your £14k will be buying you a Chinese engined bike too...
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Ian

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 11:34:18 PM »
Engine, from what can be seen, certainly has a bit of a Honda/Shineray look about it 🤔.

Itsme

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 11:15:24 AM »
Gentlemen you are all making good points with which I agree. It seems that motorcycling is becoming just a part-time Sunday activity for people with mucho grando pounds. Instead of another expensive bike why isn't our government giving manufacturers incentives to build economic commuters to fit in with their climate alarmism. Instead we are letting the Chinese have this most important section of the market.

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 12:55:34 PM »
Ian... as you are most likely aware, I have been championing Bill for PM for quite some time now. However Bill has defo declined the position. SO..... I’m now going to remake my placards to read “SPARTACIAN” for PM ??😉

Itsme

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 02:38:44 PM »
Hey Michael I accept the job! Only if you agree to be Transport Minister. Can your first policy decision be to close Yorkshire to all but two wheeled traffic on Sundays please.

Spartacian PM in waiting.

themoudie

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2022, 03:11:16 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No riding or workshop for me at present.  :(  Crocked, with torn piriformis!

However, still able to walk and listening to the ManxGP on Manx Radio, or on Manx Grand Prix site: MGP_site_link

Stay safe and good health, Bill

Moto63

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2022, 04:26:41 PM »
Afternoon Bill... in my ignorance I have to admit I don’t know what a piriformis is, it certainly doesn’t sound to good though. Take it easy and keep onna sipping the single malts.
Oh and here’s to a speedy recovery 🤞🤞
Cheers..Michael

Moto63

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2022, 04:29:15 PM »
Hey Michael I accept the job! Only if you agree to be Transport Minister. Can your first policy decision be to close Yorkshire to all but two wheeled traffic on Sundays please.

Spartacian PM in waiting.
Ian.. I too accept the position and yes I’ll gladly close yorkshire off to all but two wheeled vehicles on sundays. There you go you see..... we’ve sorted half the transport problems out already and we’ve only just got started 👍👍
Cheers.... your new transport minister 😉

themoudie

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2022, 08:14:42 PM »
Aye Michael,
I have to admit I don’t know what a piriformis is.

It's the deep muscle beneath your buttock muscles that controls the rotation of the pelvis and the sciatic nerve runs through it. So, when the piriformis spasms, it grips your sciatic nerve!  :( 

Trying to kickstart the bikes, or bend, to do maintanence is a NO! As the muscle spasms, as it does after sitting down, turning over in bed etc.

It's a pain in the arse!  ;)

Good health, Bill