Author Topic: Drumlanrig Classic Motorcycle Festival  (Read 794 times)

spooky

• Sunny Dumfries
Drumlanrig Classic Motorcycle Festival
« on: June 18, 2022, 11:03:16 AM »
What a great event this is, classic road run, classic scrambles/grass track and trials, bands, food . Well worth a visit next year, 4 day event...  one for Bill, followed it for a while yesterday in the classic ride, heavy rain but good fun, Ducati popped and banged all the way roud !!

Classic efi squadron blue, CG125, Terrot 125, CM200 sprinter,

themoudie

Re: Drumlanrig Classic Motorcycle Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 08:36:19 PM »
Aye Rufus,

Thank you for posting, I wonder if that Duke scrambler is owned by my mate Jim an ex-forester I used to work with? I hadn't heard about the meeting, I suspect that was because it was curtailled over Covid. I'll make a note in diary.

Spent today at the Scottish round of the BSB at Knockhill. Now if you really want your senses to be assaulted these machines do it! And, with winds gusting 30 - 40mph from the west, some of the handling and braking proved VERY interesting. As the Duke is in bits, the SRX mono did the duty, certainly pushed the old bird and me about on the dual-carriageway west, then the run over Glen Devon, Rumbling Bridge and on to Knockhill, which for those not in the know, sits on a hillside at just shy of 850' above sea level or 259m and open to everything coming from the southeast to the northwest.

Bob McIntyre memorial meeting, incorporating the Camathias Cup for sidecars, of the Scottish Classic Racing Motorcycle Club at East Fortune next weekend, 24th-26th June, if anybody has the time or inclination. Not sure what the weather may hold and being an ex-airfield site, wind can be interesting here too!  ::)

Good health, Bill