Author Topic: XBR Silencers???  (Read 652 times)

Mutt

• XBR500
XBR Silencers???
« on: March 11, 2022, 03:45:44 PM »
I am in process of changing my XBR's Predator 2:1 exhaust to a 2:2. I have acquired a pair of new Black Widow "standard" downpipes and will need to marry these to a pair of silencers. XBR OEM are, of course, a little rarer than that rocking horse stuff and any that crop up are usually rough let alone stupid money. I'm hoping that someone might have some good experience/insight into fitting/using something suitable that will be very kind to the meagre amount I can spend after putting even more money aside for our energy supplier?   

Regards, Clive.
Remember to never lose sight of reality: If it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck... that duck is NOT an elephant!

richardeblack

Re: XBR Silencers???
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 03:43:13 PM »
Hello .Mutt
I plan to try out copies of the old Dunstall Decibels on my next build but have also considered old Norton Commando type "peashooters" although they are less like the originals.
Interested to hear any other suggestions. I also have an old pair which I am thinking of having a go at getting copied but have little don't that it would be prohibitive.
Cheers
Richard

SteveC#222

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 05:23:32 PM »
Black Widow use to do a set of exhaust clamps/ bronze collets for the XBR which don't rust solid like the originals - worth fitting if they still make them. Dunstall Decibels are probably the nearest you will get to the originals. ( Mine has the originals - well the original originals that were replaced with genuine Honda XBR silencers - one was the very last one from David Silver).
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Moto63

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 08:05:10 PM »
. ( Mine has the originals - well the original originals that were replaced with genuine Honda XBR silencers - one was the very last one from David Silver).
Wow... lucky doesn’t come close 😉👍