Author Topic: 40p !!!  (Read 1060 times)

Moto63

Re: 40p !!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2021, 08:24:54 AM »
YES.   “wondrous stories” one of my all time faves. Found out very recently that John Anderson hails from Accrington which is just down the road from where I now live.

Smithy

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2021, 08:45:33 AM »
I saw Wishbone Ash at the Reading Festival in 1975 along with Yes, Lindisfarne, Hawkwind, Heavy Metal Kids, Jack the Lad etc. Me and my mate went from Nottingham to Leicester on our CZ 125s to get the tickets. The three day concert cost us £7 I think.

The year before I had seen Hawkwind at DeMonfort Hall in Leicester. It was their dancer Stacia's last ever performance. I tripped on the way to the coach and broke my ankle and stood on it all night then had to go to A&E the next day to have it plastered. I lost money as I had to be off work for two weeks but it was worth it.

Ian

xbally

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 11:02:15 AM »
I saw Wishbone Ash at the Reading Festival in 1975 along with Yes, Lindisfarne, Hawkwind, Heavy Metal Kids, Jack the Lad etc. Me and my mate went from Nottingham to Leicester on our CZ 125s to get the tickets. The three day concert cost us £7 I think.

The year before I had seen Hawkwind at DeMonfort Hall in Leicester. It was their dancer Stacia's last ever performance. I tripped on the way to the coach and broke my ankle and stood on it all night then had to go to A&E the next day to have it plastered. I lost money as I had to be off work for two weeks but it was worth it.

Ian

Well I guess it would have been worth it to see Stacia's last performance. I love the In Search of Space album....."adjust me......".....
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535

iansoady

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2021, 02:11:05 PM »
I tripped on the way to the coach and broke my ankle and stood on it all night then had to go to A&E the next day to have it plastered.

Ian

Tripped and plastered - surprised you can remember it.....
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

Moto63

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 06:46:02 PM »
I tripped on the way to the coach and broke my ankle and stood on it all night then had to go to A&E the next day to have it plastered.

Ian

Tripped and plastered - surprised you can remember it.....
Or maybe you were just TRIPPING maaaan ... 🤘??

Smithy

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2021, 06:20:46 AM »
Oh yes seeing Stacia dance to Silver Machine was definitely worth it. I think though that I must have been a jinx in those days as a few years earlier I also saw Peter Knowles' last game for Wolves. Either that or they thought 'oh well Ian has seen me so it can't get any better might as well pack it in'.

In those days I was strictly a Players No 6 and Newcastle Brown boy, so no tripping of that sort, though I am keeping quiet about being plastered!

Ian