Author Topic: Payback  (Read 627 times)

Moto63

Payback
« on: December 20, 2020, 11:39:27 PM »
I see that Norton. Well Stuart Garner has been ordered to pay back 14million in pensions.
As the saying goes folks “what goes around, comes around”
A little bit of good news in these dark days.... cheers, Michael

CrazyFrog

Re: Payback
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 07:33:47 AM »
Good news I agree Michael, but if the barsteward owed me money, I still wouldn't be holding my breath...
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

iansoady

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 10:12:22 AM »
Yes, the likelihood of actually getting the money out of him is minimal. Let's hope the new owners of the name behave in a more responsible manner.
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

Smithy

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 11:37:09 AM »
Really good news that the courts have sent a message out that his sort of behaviour isn't acceptable. I would imagine that a slippery sod like Stuart Garner has made sure he has no assets in his name to be seized or from which he could be made to pay.

Years ago my mate was going through a rocky patch with his wife and he said one day that if it came to divorce would I be willing to buy all of his bikes for a quid each before the courts could count them. I still don't know if he was joking!

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 03:23:22 PM »

Years ago my mate was going through a rocky patch with his wife and he said one day that if it came to divorce would I be willing to buy all of his bikes for a quid each before the courts could count them.

Ian
Been there, done that. Got the scars (mental 🤪) to prove it

mthee

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 04:54:54 PM »
Can't he be done for disposal of assets? 🙏
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Smithy

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 06:13:41 PM »

Years ago my mate was going through a rocky patch with his wife and he said one day that if it came to divorce would I be willing to buy all of his bikes for a quid each before the courts could count them.

Ian
Been there, done that. Got the scars (mental 🤪) to prove it

Bless you Michael I hope things have healed. Mthee you can bet that Garner saw the writing on the wall well in advance and transferred his assets long ago and so avoided that. I hope I am wrong and the man has to bear the results of his dodgy dealing.

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 08:59:17 PM »
Yes Ian... long got over it, 20 years ago now. I’ve moved on to a better place thanks. The rat bag tried to get my triumph speed triple at the time tho, oh and all my plumbing and power tools. Wouldn’t mind it wasn’t even me that had done the dirty, it was her 😡. Bit like Stuart Garner, slippery horrible creature.