Author Topic: Husky Vitiplen 701 for Charles Leclerc  (Read 474 times)

themoudie

Husky Vitiplen 701 for Charles Leclerc
« on: October 09, 2020, 11:08:08 PM »

Moto63

Re: Husky Vitiplen 701 for Charles Leclerc
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 08:27:24 AM »
Morning Bill, yes I was looking at that myself yesterday, found it that pig ugly that I couldn’t bring myself to even suggest putting any of the TC members through looking at it. Enough to spoil anyone’s weekend 🤣😉👍

Moto63

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 08:33:27 AM »
Oops... sorry wrong husky, just ignore me had one whiskey to many last night😉🥃

themoudie

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »
Aye Michael,

Good morning! Having had a long sleep, I can see what you mean. Essentialy, a KTM with different bits bolted on and a styling change. Not sure about the styling and the need for a long inside leg, with a firm seat (plank) puts a lot of people off. The Morini K2 has a "board" of a seat and in my opinion and that of my back is definitely not one for more than a couple of hundred miles. Whilst the really firm closed cell kneeling pad foam in the Ducati 450 seat, feels really hard and yet after 200 miles the old buttocks and back are still in reasonable shape.

If my assumption is correct and it might not be, then buying a Husquavarna 401 or 701 is paying a load more dosh for a KTM 390 or 690, with "prestige manufacturer" bits and "styling". I should have made you an offer for the 390 with the LOUD exhaust!  ;)

Enjoy your CCM when the time comes.

Good health, Bill

Moto63

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 10:14:45 AM »
Aye Michael
 I should have made you an offer for the 390 with the LOUD exhaust!  ;)

Enjoy your CCM when the time comes.

Good health, Bill
Yes indeedy Bill, you should have, I’d have let it go to you for a “very fair price” complete with the choice of really loud or road legal but still loud exhaust. I changed the Austin racing zorst for a black widow can not long before I part ex’d it. Didn’t look quite as cool but was much kinder to ones ear drums....
cheers, Michael