Author Topic: RE EFI update..  (Read 1114 times)

spooky

• Sunny Dumfries
Re: RE EFI update..
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 09:06:47 PM »
Nice, but for £498 more you can have a new one....
Classic efi squadron blue, CG125, Terrot 125, CM200 sprinter,

themoudie

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 09:14:05 PM »
Aye Matt,

Change the oil, check all the clearances and pressures and give it a good canter over 100 miles of varied running with a free throttle. When you get back home dump the oil, wash filter and check for "bits or shrapnel" let it all cool down, check clearances again, refill with oil and away you go for another 500 miles, gradually increases the load on the motor.

If it throws a wobbler, send it back to the dealer! Even though the eBay advert says 'No returns accepted'. I think the following from the eBay website applies:

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/rights.html#scratch

"Types of statements that are prohibited by law
Any statement which could have the effect of causing the average person to believe that they have less or no consumer rights to pursue a justified claim against a trader is void and may amount to a criminal offence under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Below, you will find a list of the typical restrictive statements which may not be used:

No refunds.
    No sale goods exchanged or money refunded.
    Sold as seen and inspected.
    No refunds or exchanges without a receipt.
    Time limits for reporting defects e.g. defects not notified within 14 days of receipt cannot be accepted.
    If the delivery note is signed then no claims for damages/faulty goods can be made thereafter.
    We are not liable for any consequential losses, even if we were made aware of your circumstances.

Notices of this type are not acceptable and cannot be made compliant by including the statement 'your statutory rights are not affected'. Most consumers are not fully aware of their consumer rights therefore this disclaimer is ineffective.

Further information on your rights where you encounter restrictive statements."

As always with eBay "Caveat emptor"!  ;)

Good health, Bill

mthee

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 11:23:10 PM »
Never read that small print before, thanks, Bill (QC) ;D
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

mthee

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 11:27:24 PM »
Nice, but for £498 more you can have a new one....

But not in "my" colour!

Ah well, have to be the red one, then...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154060188384

8). Hang on - ad says 1 mile, but Speedo pic shows 4. A demonstrator? Too little mileage, surely?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:31:38 PM by mthee »

spooky

• Sunny Dumfries
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2020, 07:20:54 AM »
If I remember right when mine was collected it had 7 miles on but it had just had it`s pdi and Gordon had been up the road and back, worth asking though, the Red `Redditch` edition was one of my early possible colours,     
Just noticed all the new ones say 2 years warranty, the Red one doesn`t ?  I would ask if it is a `new` one
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 07:45:57 AM by spooky »
Classic efi squadron blue, CG125, Terrot 125, CM200 sprinter,

themoudie

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2020, 10:00:14 AM »
My eyes were drawn to this bit of sales " ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)" "CHECK OUT THE LOW RATE 9.9 APR FINANCE PACKAGE UP TO 60 MONTHS ON THIS BIKE"!

A bit of a rip-off considering current bank interest rates or credit card 0% deals available!

Happy pondering and hope that the RE fairy delivers for you Matt.

Throwing a deluge up here at the moment.  :(

Good health, Bill

mthee

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2020, 11:13:45 AM »
It's all pie in the sky whilst we're continuing to shield our lad, but at the price, even the likes of me can consider finance.
I'm following through on the knowledge I've gained, following my leap of faith from faster bikes to the XBR. It has been the more sedate pace, along with decent handling, a sweet exhaust note, ease of maintenance that have produced so many "smiles per mile" and a record 4.5 years of ownership.
Too many videos for me to ignore have shown these features being even more abundant on the Classic 500 and I would never need to alter it's appearance, it looks so sweet as is.
Here's one I watched yesterday by a very enthusiastic American.;