Thumper Club Forum
Technical => Recommended Services => Topic started by: Itsme on August 04, 2026, 06:44:06 AM
-
Hi Thumperteers
I have just returned from a weekend in a bunkhouse in Rhyader, Wales organised and run by Dorothy's Speed Shop. Very well organised, lovely, basic bunkhouse or camping if preferred, great group of guys (48 of us), super catering and routes for trail riding or road riding if you wanted or just do your own thing. Very laid-back, no wannabes or crotch rocket riders just mature blokes on mostly 250cc - 400cc bikes having a good time. Three nights in the bunkhouse, simple brekkie Friday and Sunday with full fry-up Saturday, chicken curry Friday night and Lamb tegine Saturday, £175 (or £150 if camping) all in. Pretty good value and I will go with them again for certain.
Ian
-
Sounds extremely good value for money that Ian. Also Sounds like you had a top few days riding. What more does one need?
Cheers, Michael 👍
-
Thanks Michael, it really was a great weekend and as you say very good value.
Ian
-
Another vote from me for Dorothy’s Speed Shop.In July I went on the Garbage Run organised by Nathan Millward,ie Dorothy’s Speed Shop.This was a Lands End to John o Groats ride including a night on Skye and the NC500 route around the west coast of Scotland.The route was chosen to avoid main roads as much as possible.The ride was really well organised,all I had to do was pay then turn up and ride for a week.Highly recommended :)
-
Hi Dave
I signed up to do the garbage run, but after last year's illness my consultant told me it wasn't advisable due to the schedule, which he thought was too much for me, hence the Welsh weekend. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go with Dorothy (don't tell my wife!) again. Glad you enjoyed the run.
Ian