Author Topic: Chateau Impney Hillclimb  (Read 267 times)

timbo

Chateau Impney Hillclimb
« on: July 09, 2019, 03:13:33 PM »
I thought I was up to something else this Saturday, but I'm now not. So I've just bit the bullet and bought an advance tkt for this Saturday 13th for £20. French Chateau built by a salt baron for his wife, outside Droitwich in Worcestershire. Just posting in case anyone else fancies watching very expensive classic cars race up a hill  :D
Namaste

xbally

Re: Chateau Impney Hillclimb
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 07:58:02 PM »
I usually go (but in the car)but pay on the gate in case the weather is bad. Well worth a visit though.
CB250RSA  XBR500  ROYAL ENFIELD INTERCEPTOR 650
DUCATI M750 MONSTER

xbally

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 10:07:03 PM »
Just got an advance ticket as well as forecast is OK!
DUCATI M750 MONSTER

CrazyFrog

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 05:20:55 AM »
Have a good day guys. Sorry I can't join you - going away for a last minute mini break in Clevedon with the Mrs...
2011 Jawa 350 Sport
2016 Jawa 350 Classic

xbally

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 08:07:35 PM »
Well it's been a great day with the added bonus of : motor bikes. I was at Shelsley Walsh when the bikes were there last week in very testing (greasy) conditions and all the bikers and side car outfits got a round of applause on their way back down the hill at the end of their runs. It's one thing in the relative safety of a car but something else entirely on a bike or sidecar outfit! 100% better conditions today though and some of those aero engined monster racing cars are absolutely awesome. Google "The Beast of Turin!"
DUCATI M750 MONSTER

timbo

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 08:08:54 PM »
As per Xbally! Absolutely blown away by what I saw on Saturday at Chateau Impney, and that was only the practice day! Who doesn't like a 27liter aero engined special blowing flames out its exhaust! I spent two hours just walking around the car park before going into the event. So next year I am defo booking advance tkts for the main day on the Sunday. At £25 that is very cheap for what is on offer. Highlights are too many to mention. I thoroughly recommend this event  :D
Namaste

timbo

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »
Just realised Xbally. I reckon I parked the Himalaya next to your Interceptor by the fence! Ill be better organised next year hopefully, and we'll meet up. Apologies for not arranging to meet you  :-\
Namaste

xbally

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 08:22:30 PM »
No Timbo-I always go in the car as there's loads of walking as you found out and I can't be carrying my riding gear round with me! I parked in the classic car park which was like a classic car show in itself. I've been to them all since they re-started in 2015 as I'm a hillclimb junkie! As you've found it's an awesome spectacle. Yesterday I went to the Prescott breakfast club and I go to nearly all the Shelsley Walsh meetings as I'm a member. I'm taking my car to Loton Park on Wednesday as I do several none competitive events a year in the car. I don't think they do them for bikes so you need a competition licence but you can take your bike up Shelsley if you're a member at the Members' Day-I'm afraid I chicken out in case of wet weather and go in the car but some bikes do run up the hill.
DUCATI M750 MONSTER

timbo

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 09:01:27 PM »
I parked in the classic car park  :D
Namaste