Author Topic: Tank Fest 2019  (Read 913 times)

timbo

Tank Fest 2019
« on: May 10, 2019, 07:35:48 PM »
I went to this amazing event a few years ago. Bob from NI is coming over for it, so I thought we could maybe make it into a bit of a gathering. we already have our tickets bought for Saturday 29th June. They are £29 online for the Saturday ticket. The event is held at the Tank Museum at Bovington in Dorset, and there is a fantastic campsite not that far away called Tom's Field, which is close to the famous Square and Compass pub at Worth Matravers. Plan is to ride down on Friday, take in show on Saturday, then ride home on Sunday. Anyone needing a stopover in Bridgnorth on the Thursday or Sunday is more than welcome  :D
If you are interested, get your ticket booked, and let me know so I can book campsite.
Namaste

CrazyFrog

Re: Tank Fest 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 08:13:41 PM »
Ticket booked, I'm in. ;D
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

timbo

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 07:08:25 PM »
Just a reminder that this great event is on in less than three weeks time and three of us are going so far, but the more the merrier  :)
For next year, what about War and Peace in Kent. Thats been on my list for a long time  :D
Namaste

timbo

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »
On our way down to Dorset on Friday 28th of June, we are planning to go via the motor museum at Bourton on the Water in the Cotswolds. We will aim to be there for 11am, so anyone else is more than welcome to meet us. We'll then leave there between 1 and 2pm, for the rest of our journey.If you do decide to go all the way to Dorset we will camping at Tom's Field. A great little campsite at Langton Matravers nr Swanage, and within walking distance of the famous Square and Compass pub at Worth Matravers. One of a handful of pubs to have been in every single edition of the Good Beer Guide, and also a fossil/geology museum!  :)
Namaste

timbo

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »
Fantastic weekend with Bob and Crazyfrog. A Himalaya, 1977 Bmw, and a Jawa 350. Almost 500 miles done. weather fantastic and Tankfest is mind blowing, especially when the MBTs are out in the arena. Highlights for me were the Panther over from France, and the Dutch army Boxer eight wheeler. A total beast of a thing! The re enactors encampment was brilliant and there was access into the huge storage facility, which isn't normally open to the public. We made it to the museum at Bourton on the Water on the way down, as well as Compton Abbas Airfield, where Robin met us and treated us to tea and cake, and Wellesbourne aircraft museum on the return journey. Both the Square and Compass, and Kings Arms got a severe hit on the two nights, and although Toms Field was full when we got there, we got into the nearby Acton Farm at £8 per night.
Only criticism is that the south of England needs to have a cull of people! Traffic was pure sh!te both on the Friday and Sunday  :D
Namaste

CrazyFrog

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 07:10:13 PM »
Yeah, a brilliant weekend with loads packed in. Tank Fest was fantastic, 9000 people in attendance apparently, but very well organised, and once in, no queuing for anything. Some amazing machines and in particular the Dutch army Leopards and English Challengers really shook the ground  ;D.
2021 Honda CB125F

CrazyFrog

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 07:42:21 AM »
Here's a link to a good selection of highlights on YouTube. enjoy....

2021 Honda CB125F