Author Topic: Royal Enfield, Redditch  (Read 1537 times)

CrazyFrog

Re: Royal Enfield, Redditch
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 06:27:39 PM »
Thanks for a great day out everyone. The day went really quickly and even the weather was kind to us. Hope you are feeling better now Trev and hope everybody got home safe and sound.  :)
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

tj63

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 09:23:38 AM »
Yes, it was a great day out, although getting from where I live to Bromsgrove in the Monday morning rush hour was a bit challenging.

I thought the display in Redditch was good, and the trip round the NMM was very good.

Feeling ok now. I think I was just tired and dehydrated. Didn't get much sleep Sunday night. Doddering old fart!

Dave#22

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 08:37:23 AM »
Hi all, I too had a challenging ride to meet up with Tim and Martyn at Quatt...the Monday morning traffic was horrendous between Chester and Shrewsbury and people in cars and trucks don't like being overtaken....great to be on two wheels though.
The display at Redditch was surprisingly good, but the new RE Bullet trials looked a bit lardy and at 193kg is far too heavy.
The original at the NMM was 137kg (without lights)...progress eh?
220mile round trip for me on my old DR800.
Must meet up again sometime.
Dave.

timbo

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 11:08:21 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed the day out, and thank you Pete, for navigating us round some of your local B roads, and thus avoiding dual carriageways and motorways.
I don't think any of us knew what to expect in Redditch, but I was pleasantly surprised. Basically it was a pop up display in a shop unit in the shopping centre. However, it was very well done, with a mixture of old iconic models, and their current range of bikes, including the rather sexy V twin 838cc prototype, which I reckon will go into production. And I agree with Dave that the new trials styled Bullet was rather lardy!
I think we all found the NMM a bit overwhelming. There is just too much stuff to see and everything is almost better than new condition. In future my plan is to just pick one make, and just concentrate on viewing them, and nothing else. Interesting to see Johnnie Brittain's original trials Bullet, and be able to compare the obvious styling similarities with the new one.
Me and Pete then called into Hitchcocks for a nosey, as there are always some interesting bikes to look at, and we weren't dissappointed. We finished the day off with a thirst quenching pint in the Hollubush at Alcester, and i got home for just after 7pm.
During the day we also had a chat about future days out to interesting place in the greater midlands area, and came up with a list of about 40 in a matter of minutes! Preffered day will be Mondays or Fridays, so watch this space  ;)
Namaste