Author Topic: Red Lion 2019  (Read 3582 times)

bth2bth2

• 1985 mt 500
Re: Red Lion 2019
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2019, 08:18:51 PM »
thanks for another great weekend. nice to remember friends we have lost this past year or so. apologies to steve but if you had drunk a tad more you would have slept through anything. so chuffed i actually won something but unfortunatly so did everyone else.no street cred for me ! nice touch though ,tim.

looking foreward to the next one.

brian
one day all bikes will be this slowww

tj63

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2019, 10:55:13 AM »
Yes, another cracking weekend with the Thumpers. Thanks for making Nick so welcome on his micro-thumper  ;)

Looking forward to the next one. Dent perhaps?

Let's hope that the pub is still open next year.

Cheers

Trev & Nick

timbo

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2019, 02:04:41 PM »
I concur. Fantastic weekend, and the weather held out for us. Twenty seven peeps altogether, and everyone won a prize! Notable ones being Chris, for being overtaken uphill by two cyclists, and Mart for going off road unintentionally, following a group of trail riders! The rally was in memory of Boyd, and I think we did him proud. We even reintroduced the formal dress code for dinner, ie, a silly hat of your own making preferably.
Steve D ran a great ride out on the Saturday, which some of us extended on to the Neuad Arms Hotel, in Llanyrtryd Wells, the smallest town in Britain, home of the World Bog Snorkelling Championships, and HQ of the Monster Raving Looney Party!
At the minute, two of the NI party are on the ferry back to Ireland, and one is visiting his mother in Mablethorpe!
Next year, the current view is to have it back at Condor Farm, in Dent. Always a favourite venue for the TC.
Thanks to all those who made the effort to attend, and hopefully see some of you at the next event  :D
Namaste

OZ

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2019, 06:28:16 PM »
Excellent weekend - nice to catch up with people and meet some new ones. Thanks to Timbo and Steve D for their efforts. Never been to Dent but heard so much about it I'll have to go next year

Rossco500

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2019, 11:03:14 PM »
Another cracking weekend - thanks to Tim, Steve D, Alan the landlord (best wishes on his retirement) and all those who were there. Judging by the forecast this coming weekend we made the right choice. A further two nights in Bridgnorth and Monday spent ambling around the backroads of Shropshire were an added bonus. The 270 mile slog home on Tuesday via Holyhead and Dublin was just that! Still, it was all worth it and the banana made it home intact ;-)

Looking forward to the next one (which might be the 20th anniversary?)

All the best

Tony