Author Topic: This years project  (Read 1896 times)

JOOLZ

Re: This years project
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 05:45:28 PM »
Its the last report on this leg of the project. Added another bracket to the dash as it had a habit of vibrating, the fuel air ratio meter was the best item I have bought, I did a final jet change on the idle jet and the needle jet, down 1 size, and reprofiled the needle, which have improved the tick over and low throttle control and the fuel consumption is about standard, wind the throttle wide and the fuel consumption is horrendous sucking through a 740 main jet.
Not much more to say on this, It starts 3rd kick from cold, already done a couple of hundred miles, feels pretty much like a regular bike now no real fuss or bother other than keeping an eye on the fuel level (no reserve) and the good weather is finally here :)

mthee

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 09:24:18 AM »
A 740 main jet?! And here was me, concerned about the fuel economy on the 230 main jet Mikuni that Michael gave me!
Very pleased that your skills extend to weather forecasting and you've finished your supercharger tweaks accordingly. I no longer have to worry about you, slumming it in your front room.
How's the trophy cabinet build coming along?  ;D 8) ::)
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

JOOLZ

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2019, 10:27:32 AM »
Haha :) Only 3 trophies so far, still enough room on the mantlepiece before I have to build a cabinet. Not sure how the Mikunu and Amal jets differ in sizing, standard jet for my 40mm is 340 but the 740 hole is just under 2mm. Will be back slumming in my front room again next winter, although Im at a loss on what to do next, maybe a bigger pulley to get the boost up to 15psi or a programmable ignition

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:46:03 AM by JOOLZ »

JOOLZ

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 08:08:09 AM »
Still doing the odd modification here and there, new grips modified for use with bar end mirrors and I have made a new seat 10cm lower and 2,5cm narrower that tucks me nicely behind the fairing