Author Topic: Supercharged XBR Winter upgrades  (Read 932 times)

JOOLZ

Supercharged XBR Winter upgrades
« on: April 25, 2018, 11:27:42 AM »
I did not have to do much this winter, although after last summers problematic ride outs it was necessary to make a few modifications to the bike. The most important was the intake pipe as the original design had a tendency to blow apart at the joint, which left me several times having a long push home or waiting for recovery. A new one piece design with a swaged flange will keep it together. The second was the fixed tension belt tensioner which was heavy and ugly and seemed to put too much strain on the belt, and it stretched faster than I would have liked, this has been replaced with a modified motocross chain tensioner which looks and works great. The poor old Goldstar exhaust has had to go, too many reducers were used to make it fit and it was a bit restrictive, this has been been replaced with a big bore aftermarket pipe, it shakes the heavens with a deep but horrendously loud rumble, but with the quiet end pipe inserted it is a less obnoxous and still sounds fantastic.  I have had two rides this year with no problems looking forward to plenty more this summer

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:20:24 PM by JOOLZ »

themoudie

Re: Supercharged XBR Winter upgrades
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »
Aye Joolz,

A proper note of rumbling!  ;)

Far better than the 'tattie harvesters' with 'Screamin' Eagle', as if they ever did, water pipe fittings!  :-X

You'll just have to go cannie past those wandering hay burners in the Forest.

Good health, Bill

timbo

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 02:27:06 PM »
A thing of beauty  :)
Namaste

johnr

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 12:10:39 AM »
what supercharger are you using joolz? theres so many different variables out there but trying to find something physically small enough to go on a bike is probably the first thing to do.

JOOLZ

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »
I use an AMR 500 which displaces 500cc per rev, there is a 300 available which is also suitable for motorcycle use

johnr

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 10:43:01 PM »
cheers, strange that in all th variable  searches i did on google and ebay, that one never came up once!

JOOLZ

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 10:29:35 AM »
They are also listed under Aisin superchargers. Originally used in Japanese micro cars that used 600 to 800 cc engines