Author Topic: 2018 Stafford Classic Mechanics Show  (Read 4346 times)

timbo

Re: 2018 Stafford Classic Mechanics Show
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2018, 10:01:08 PM »
Stafford was amazing as usual. I still struggle to take in the size of the whole thing. Weather was horrendous all weekend, and I nearly dipped out of going. How i managed to pitch my tent, and for it to stay up in those conditions still amazes me. Great little explore around some lovely pubs in Stafford on the saturday night, and very tempted by the new RE Interceptor 650  :)
Namaste

CrazyFrog

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2018, 12:14:11 PM »
I must apologise to everyone for my no show. I've reached a time of life when I'm far more of a wimp than I ever used to be, and the thought of trying to pilot the little 150kg MZ there on Friday in the gale force winds put me right off. I think this is partly due to the fact that I had a couple of near death experiences when I delivered my ETZ150 to a guy in Chester at the end of the last storm in September. I also have to admit that camping in windy and wet conditions does nothing for my arthritis either.

Overall looking back at the weather over the weekend it was probably the right decision for me personally, but I'm sorry to have missed out on the craic, and I do apologise for letting people down and being a party pooper.  :-[
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Silverfox

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2018, 06:10:09 PM »
I completely understand Pete, i ask myself why i do it and i was in a camper van!!

That said it was a cracking weekend, as always the guys were on top form, manning the stand and chatting to everyone. A lot of people commented on the fact that it was nice to see bikes that weren't show standard but had history, (obviously didn't mean yours Ian). Great turn out on the Saturday but less on the Sunday, weather certainly didn't help. I must thank Tim for organising a brill pub crawl around Stafford Town, some great pubs and beer. I must also thank John for his efforts for fear of being on the receiving end of one of his practical jokes, word of warning to all TC'ers, don't cross him, you have been warned!!!! And Mic sorry we weren't there in time to help put up your tent, sounds like it was a bit of an ordeal. Overall another great show, great to meet up with many TC'ers over the weekend and cant wait to organise it again for next year. I suppose i need to thank GC for his efforts after all there wouldn't have been a if it wasn't for him.

Once again thanks to all who helped over the weekend and those who popped onto the stand for a chat.
Cheers
Gareth

johnr

• Regular
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2018, 06:58:23 PM »
was thinking about a theme for 2019, and thought that as its the fad lets go the opposite way to all the other stands. 'Barn Finds' lets get the bikes on thee stand, cover them in dust and straw and add a few agricultural implements, half cover a couple with an old tarp, spread straw on the ground, and hang a few old petrol cans and ddt boxes round there. then we all dress in tatty dungarees, black out a few teeth, corn cob pipes, straw hats and cob cornish accents. finally we hang utterly ridiculous telephone number price tags on the bikes, as befits the status of a barn find. it will be the polar opposite of the vjmcc, it will thumb our noses at the traders and their comedy price tags, it might wind up the organisers, but i bet it will appeal to the sense of humour of all those we saw wandering the stands of the autojumble, lifting the tiny cardboard price tags on the bikes there, raising their eyebrows before wandering away shaking their heads.

Ian

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2018, 10:45:35 PM »
What a spiffingly good idea John. All the details are there for the asking.
We expect nothing less from you  ;D
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

timbo

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2018, 10:20:24 AM »
 :D Excellent John. That sounds a cracking idea! And not that hard to achieve I reckon. Book in the matt black rough and ready Vespa Ive just bought locally as a runabout. I promise I wont wash it between now and then  ;)
The VJMCC and similar stands had some amazing bikes on their stands, but I just dont see the point of all that expense and effort for something that you cant really use, as its so concourse, IMHO. Ians SRX was gorgeous, but still a usable bike.
It was a shame Crazy Frog didnt make it, but I agree you made the right decision Pete. conditions were horrendous, and I nearly didnt go either  ;)
Namaste

tj63

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2018, 07:33:07 AM »
Huge thanks from me and Nick too. It was his first time at Stafford and he was really surprised at how big a show it is. Great to catch up with you all, and thanks to Gareth for the tickets and the food. See you next year if not before.

Hoping for a better 2019.

Trevor