Author Topic: Sally!  (Read 2601 times)

themoudie

Sally!
« on: October 23, 2017, 06:46:08 PM »
After the incident😨 Sally may start appearing in here. But, I will have to make a decision, once I am able to get in the workshop. It sounds as though the front end, rearsets, exhaust, rear shocks, swing arm, petrol tank may all be in various states of disrepair and misalignment.😢 That's for a start!

May get a peek in the workshop tomorrow after out patients visit, but depends on the leg and the weather. Crutches and algae covered concrete might not be a good mix.😕

Toodle pip, Bill

CrazyFrog

Re: Sally!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:40 PM »
Take it easy Bill, don't try to walk before you can run...
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

themoudie

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 10:27:27 PM »
Aye CrazyFrog, have no fear, I don't wish to repeat this little sojourn in a hurry! It's the grazing and fracture blisters, along with torn muscle giving me the grief at present, I can stand on the leg and bear weight thanks to the pin.

Good health and my regards, Bill

andy230

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 10:20:02 AM »
Wot happened Bill??

Did I miss sumfink?

a

themoudie

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 03:52:08 PM »
Aye Andy, pms'd you.😉

My regards, Bill

Moto63

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 05:06:30 PM »
Best of luck with the re build Bill and the very best of luck with the recovery.... like you say "little but often" it's defo the way to go... all the best. Michael

themoudie

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 06:47:53 PM »
Aye Michael, thank you for your encouragement. Check up four me today revealed external wounds healing well and dressings reduced. 😆 However,  reaction to the metalwork, internally, so now on HD antibiotic for 7 days. Fingers crossed!😐

Sally has been inspected and appears to be no bad, alignments appear good and a 10tonne press, with local  heat could straighten out much of the damage. Apparently the tank has been scraped,  but not dented in any way 😀 so a trip to the sprayer should be sufficient for that. Whilst front brake lever, mirror, will be relatively cheap from Wemoto. The MacCrane rear brake lever and foot rest may prove expensive,  but still available.

andy230

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 09:13:33 PM »
Ok bill, sounding like you've been lucky, if you can see it like that??  Setback about thd reaction,  but you'll be good...

I am sure! As will Sally by the sounds of it?  I threw srx's away with what seemed like monotonous regularity,  and they do seem to fall really quite well!!

Cheers, keep the updates,

Andy

themoudie

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 09:33:05 PM »
Aye Andy, thank you for the encouragement and reassurance about the reaction, I am staying positive and have to go in for a check up this Friday.

As for Sally and SRX's in general, I suspect the slim lines and the loop 'Featherbed' type frame all help. Petrol tanks could be the Achilles heel, as I still haven't come up with another Yamaha alternative that might work, but not have those knee gripping lines, which really are attractive and 'make' the bike. Now where is that nice piece of road sign alloy? Shame that I don't have the wheel or welding skills!

Good health, go canny and keep the mini mechanic busy.😊

My regards, Bill

Ian

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 03:39:20 PM »
Thank you for updates Bill....as ever you know you can call on me if there is anything I can make that you need....

"Slowly but surely for now"

Best Regards

Ian
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

themoudie

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 11:07:30 PM »
Aye Ian, thank you for your kind offer, it is much appreciated. Still to get myself into the workshop!

Check up more positive today, but need time for antibiotic to do the job. Nerve damage and wounds still being awkward, but good flex of ankle and knee now possible. ☺

Keeping chipper.

timbo

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 09:00:31 PM »
Great to hear your recovery is going well Bill. Please take it slowly. Every day is another day closer to being back to rude health  ;)
Namaste

themoudie

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 11:10:55 PM »
Aye Tim,

Thank you for your best wishes, they are much appreciated. Signed off by the orthopedic nurse led clinic at my local hospital whom have done a great job of getting the wounds healed and movement in the ankle and knee. Been able to bathe the leg with clean warm water (no soap) and gently rub all the old scabs et al off after soaking for 3 - 5 minutes! Feels a lot better and then anointing the remains with extra virgin olive oil to keep them flexible and easier to remove. Still a lot of bruising and heat coming from the calf muscle and bones, but it appears to be reducing in size day by day. Nerve damage to the shin definitely patchy, as some areas tender, whilst others are numb.

Even managed out to the workshop and give Sally a cursory glance. Marks on the tank and front offside fork appear to be Audi plastic and paint, with no dents and pretty straight, so 'T-cut' and polish may suffice. Rear brake and right footrest are secondhand but heat and press may save the day. Silencer is well stuffed on two sides and that concerns me for the straightness of the swingarm that it has clattered, this will need carefull investigation and the rear indicator, front brake lever and rear view mirror are all a bit secondhand, but Wemoto et al can supply.

So, keeping up the levitation and following the exercises.

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 03:49:33 PM »
ye gods Bill.... that must be some serious wound for you to splash out on EXTRA VIRGIN olive oil !!! and good to see you are keeping up the levity  ..  think that's wot you sed :-)
keep taking the tablets Bill, get back to 100% soon.

themoudie

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 10:13:07 PM »
Aye Steve,

Thank you for your encouragement. I finished all the tablet taking on Monday last and feel better for it. Opioids numb the pain, but sieze the gut, whilst the antibiotics, slacken the gut off and cause awfull flatulence pain! Not good with a 20 meter run between bed and bog on crutches and two steps to negotiate up to 12 times a day!  ::)

As for the wounds etc, I'm no going to post anything, all a bit gruesome, but just think of your foot, calf, knee, gripping the side of the bike and then applying 1,400Kg at ~65Kph (Weight of an Audi TT and the approximate combined impact speed of the two vehicles.) would appear to result in a large 'Applied force' to the lower leg.

My physics and maths are not up to the calculations (Newton's Laws I believe!  ??? )  But this link might help, if you know how to drive such things: Forces _and_Area_to_Pressure_calculator

Needless to say, I consider myself very lucky to still have a foot, ankle and knee whole! I suspect Propellor and or AndyD are the people for these calculations? But, your ability to juggle 40,000 rivets in the air is no mean feat.  ;)

Good health and how are your gearbox investigations progressing?

My regards, Bill