Author Topic: HOW TO UNDO A VERY VERY TIGHT LOWER REAR SHOCK BOLT  (Read 1121 times)

xbally

Re: HOW TO UNDO A VERY VERY TIGHT LOWER REAR SHOCK BOLT
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2017, 05:18:13 PM »
I had a struggle mating up the replacement swing arm in the frame pivots-luckily the wife was on hand to assist-it's been years since i asked for her help except for brake bleeding.There was some choice swearing on my part.Put on a better pair of Hagons which came with the MOto63 bike as well and a better pair of footrest hangers.Got a day off tomorrow-hopefully to finish it all off.It was dead easy fitting the new shocks without the weight of the rear wheel in place.I used to rejoice when i took my bike for an MOT but i'm more dubious of the standards applied now.It certainly pays to check it all yourself as i nearly found out to my cost!
......should have said i used to rejoice when i took my bike for an MOT AND IT PASSED...................

Anyway finished the job today...all back together quite easily now.The only problem was the brake light switch spring broke off at either end due to age but i managed to get a new Honda one off the shelf from my friendly local dealer QB Motorcycles..........
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535