Author Topic: XBR 500 Chain and Sprockets.  (Read 1418 times)

welland99

Re: XBR 500 Chain and Sprockets.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2017, 12:40:28 AM »
I'm on the verge of purchasing chain and sprockets, but just wanted to run something past you all again. 

Chain model:
I was on the verge of buying a DID chain, partly due to good recommendations and partly because the prices for alternatives quoted on the phone by wemoto were barely and cheaper.   I have since looked on the wemoto website and was really surprised by the prices there for swift  chains.  It seems that on the phone, wemoto were comparing the cheapest DID chain against the most expensive swift chain, so not a valid comparison. 

I know that there is a significant volume that says swift chains are poor quality and don't last long, but, these comments are rarely mated to a description of WHICH swift chain was used. 

Chain DID VX Heavy Duty X-Ring Reduced from: £ 71.87                                   £ 64.68
Honda XBR 500 H 87 Chain DID VX Heavy Duty X-Ring
Chain DID VX X-Ring Premium Gold & Black Reduced from: £ 88.75                 £ 79.88   
Honda XBR 500 H 87 Chain DID VX X-Ring Premium Gold & Black
Chain DID ZVM-X Super Heavy Duty X-Ring Gold Reduced from: £ 118.07       £ 106.26   
Honda XBR 500 H 87 Chain DID ZVM-X Super Heavy Duty X-Ring Gold
Chain Swift Heavy Duty O-Ring                                                                           £ 43.20   
Honda XBR 500 H 87 Chain Swift Heavy Duty O-Ring
Chain Swift Heavy Duty SX-Ring Bright Steel                                                           £ 25.55   
Honda XBR 500 H 87 Chain Swift Heavy Duty SX-Ring Bright Steel
Chain Swift Heavy Duty SX-Ring Gold                                                                   £ 25.55   
Honda XBR 500 H 87 Chain Swift Heavy Duty SX-Ring Gold
Chain Swift Super Heavy Duty X-Ring Silver/Black                                                    £ 62.90   
Honda XBR 500 H 87 Chain Swift Super Heavy Duty X-Ring Silver/Black

The swift website implies that the SX ring is their best (better than O-ring and no ring), so really surprised to see it a lot cheaper than the O ring at £25.55 . 

Has anybody tyried the SX ring and found it to be any good? 

Chain length
If I get a front sprocket size +1 tooth, with standard size at rear, will the standard length be long enough?  Is there enough adjustment available for the back wheel to come forward that little bit more?