Author Topic: XBR Exhausts - sorry! I'm new.  (Read 2073 times)

pigafetta

Re: XBR Exhausts - sorry! I'm new.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 08:27:01 PM »
That seems like a top plan. If your downpipes are good and can be separated, get yourself some pipes for them. As far as the drop in power with a 2-1 goes, I've only ever ridden mine with a predator so I dunno what it was like before. I'm reliably informed though that its very little if anything at all. It'd depend what you stuck on it, GC would know more about that I reckon.

Dave B

Hornblower

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »
Thanks for the info Onepot. The clip-ons were part of a job lot that I bought from ebay, maybe they weren't from an XBR after all. Can you explain why my XBR has spoked wheels though, were they standard on that model?

I'm going to buy a Predator ss 2 into 1 when my honda pipes finally give up the ghost. They were fitted new (£400!) 3 years ago and the downpipes have rusted so badly despite all efforts to maintain the chrome that I don't think they will last too much longer. Has anyone got a Predator fitted? Is it a good system?

I narrowly lost out in a bidding war for an XBR tank on ebay last week. My tank has 4 little dinks near the front end (2 either side) they are small but they niggle me. It's a shame as the overall condition of the tank, minus the dinks is good. The bike has only done 8k and is not showing it's 18 years at all. The tank on ebay went for just over £100, I had decided that the ton was my limit. Thinking about it, it may have been bought by a Thumper Club member, if so I'd be interested to know if the condition of the tank is as good as described, it was hard to tell from the picture.

I have sent a picture of my XBR in for the gallery but it hasn't been put up as yet.

Thanks again for all the usefull info and advice.

Best
H

guest27

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 10:17:54 AM »
If you look at the dinks as 'dinks' they are annoying, if you look at them as 'love bites' they become part of the love affair with the bike.

Mind looking at the 'love bites' on my bikes - I must be an abusive lover.

R

• Stalwart(TM)
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 04:17:48 PM »
The last of the XBR.... SJ model I believe did have spoke wheels.

Jethro
Cooey
Martini-Greener GP
Lee Enfield
ELG

guest7

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 07:49:36 PM »
Yes, SJ model had spoked wheels.

Predator is a good pipe, I inherited a free one with a scrapper XBR I picked up in southend some years ago and it's been on my bike ever since (including two Elefant Rally trips - much road salt).

I am very pleased with the Predator and even the strange kinked bit under the motor has grown on me.
GC

themoudie

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 09:26:59 PM »
Aye GC, that was a 'Good' deal me old china!!!!!!

I've some old TC mags do you want them for back issues?

Cheers, Bill

pigafetta

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 10:28:23 PM »
Yep, I inherited my Predator too. It looks ok despite the weird kinky bit and its a well built piece of kit. I had to put a baffle in mine to pass the MOT, but I think the previous owner must have removed the internal baffle, it was nice but just a little loud. It has a tendency to blow at the join after the weird kinky bit too. I have to refit it with exhaust goo every now and again.

Dave B