Author Topic: came across this today, maybe useful xbr exhausts  (Read 501 times)

Moto63

Re: came across this today, maybe useful xbr exhausts
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »
Evening Joolz,  I've seen these zorsts before somewhere. (It think where at the mo) they also do the same system but with a reverse cone silencer if it's the same company. (Pretty sure it is)
Cheers..Michael
Ps be interested to hear from anyone who's used them??

SteveC#222

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:30:41 PM »
I've not used their exhausts, but I can recommend their exhaust clamp kit. Very nice quality - only very minor niggle and to be fair probably not their fault, I found that the clamps were just a fraction too small to slip over the header flange. My downpipes are Honda ones but not the originals and I seem to remember noticing at the time that the flanges were a bit bigger on the new ones than the original 'originals'. sorted in 10 minutes with a Dremel and otherwise really nice. No nasty mild steel parts to rust away and rot the header pipes.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

500 T C

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 09:35:25 PM »
               Hello fellow Thumpers, yes I  bought a complete system back a while ago, the stainless down pipes quickly discoloured to a dark  shade ,not  blueing. I got one with the 2 in  to 1 slashed side exhaust mild steel and chrome , looks the business.
    One trouble, the noise is rather loud , had to quieten it down a bit, with a decibel eater, MOT man still moaned, said some thing about its ok ,because of its  age.
             All round quite pleased with it, as already said, the down pipes wont rot.Easy to fit,, no trouble with exhaust clamps.
   Anyone intrested in some finned header  exhaust clamps, I think they are off a Micron system? I can give dimensions if any one is intrested