Author Topic: XBR / dominator carb swap?  (Read 345 times)

Moto63

XBR / dominator carb swap?
« on: November 21, 2015, 11:01:08 AM »
Morning all. I,ve got a pal who,s wanting to pop a dominator carb (complete with a K and N pod filter) onto his xbr500 and remove the air box. Can anyone out there enlighten me as to any running problems he might encounter if he goes ahead with the swap.  Thanks in advance.  Cheers. Michael

JOOLZ

Re: XBR / dominator carb swap?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 10:04:32 AM »
I wouldnt use a pod filter with the cv carbs, just open up the air box so it can breathe easier, I thought the XBR and the NX carb were the same size but im not certain on that

SteveC#222

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 11:58:51 AM »
XBR is ( I believe) 39mm and the NX 40mm - chances are the internals will be all different for the extra 150cc of the NX.

Can't really see the point of changing it unless he's desperate for a replacement and even then a lot of hassle.  If it's to try and add some extra power it'll probably make sod all difference on it's own even if you could get it to run properly.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Moto63

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 12:24:43 PM »
Morning chaps, many thanks to you both for the input. Like I said it was for a pal of mine so I will pass on your recommendations and let him decide what route he wants to take. Thanks again.  Ps any movement with your project joolz??    Cheers. Michael