Author Topic: LS650 Savage CDI wiring  (Read 378 times)

guest1982

LS650 Savage CDI wiring
« on: May 10, 2015, 07:38:58 AM »
Okay ...yes stop sniggering it's a 650 cabbage!! But it's not as you'd know one. Currently being rebuilt as a cafe racer, chain drive, bonnie forks clip ons rear sets etc - see some of my build on www.bikerbuyz.co.uk under general tab.
Anyway here's the problem, come to do the wiring only to find some of the wires on the CDI connector have frayed away and I can't identify which pins they should be connected to.
Anyone on the forum have any ideas, it's a 1986 4 speed version (I know they changed the connector plugs later so anything after about 91 /92 I think will be different)

Even a photo of someones own savage cdi connector will do the trick - getting desperate now as the suns shining and I want this thing on the road!!

No luck so far from Suzuki or the Savafge owners forum!

Cheers

SteveC#222

Re: LS650 Savage CDI wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 08:33:49 AM »
Is this any help - 1986 Savage wiring diagram -

There are diagrams for other years on the same page if you scroll through.

http://s757.photobucket.com/user/babyhog/media/S40/2004WiringDiagpg2.jpg.html
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

guest1982

Re: LS650 Savage CDI wiring
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 11:18:28 AM »
Hi
Thanks for this, unfortunately I do have this but what it doesn't show is the actual pins that the wires connect to on the CDI. I'm okay with where they go from the block,just if I stick em in the wrong pin out I'll burn out the CDI - I think I may have solved a couple of the wires but have a coil wire and starter relay wire, with no idea as to which pin they should go to!

Thanks for your efforts though
Cheers