Author Topic: MZ Skorpion fuel tap rebuild kit?  (Read 634 times)

andy230

MZ Skorpion fuel tap rebuild kit?
« on: February 19, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »
Hello...

The saga of the non-working skorpion goes on.  Interestingly most issues are from lack of use...  Tells you something eh? USe it or lose it!

So I have rebuilt the starter, got it on, made a new gasket etc etc

All good.

So of course the fuel tap leaks, having been dry.

I have a spare tap, but suspect it too will leak.

Does anyone know of a cross reference forother bikes using this tap? 

Or of a rebuild kit which is readily available?

Cheers for now.

andy

themoudie

Re: MZ Skorpion fuel tap rebuild kit?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:07:57 PM »
Oi! C U Pal!   :o

Here's a link and if you read the WHOLE page you'll get all the info you need: MZ_Fuel_tap_info

How much money did we invest in you, only for you to stop thinking lateraly?  ;) It'll be the weeun depriving you of your beauty sleep.  :D

Hope it sorts things out for you and the urban predatory Arachnid will return with a sting in it's tail.

Toodle pip, Bill.

andy230

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:44:02 PM »
Thank you William, eloquent as ever....  :o

Funnily, I had just joined MZriders, to pick their brains on just this.

My searches however, did not bring up that page.  Interesting.

I would rather buy a seal kit however, than a whole new petrol tap.  I mean, I already have two...!!

However, after building it up with the old seals, from the non-leaking spare tap I have (despite them being hard, and initially leaking) by this morning, the tap was dry....!

Yippee!!  One presumes they have swollen once setted again.  But this will not I fear be a permanent fix.

Universal Acerbis tap on its way.  Just to have.  For when this leaks.  17 quid, sitting on my shelf, for years!!

Cheers

a

Steve H

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »
Andy,

Have you given NRP a call http://www.nrp-carbs.co.uk/. Might be worth sending them a picture of the tap to see if is common to another bike.

themoudie

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 11:37:37 PM »
Aye Andy,

Eloquent! Thank you. More like a blether!  ;)

I understand what you mean by the acquisition of new 'Odds & Sods' that then offer shelf or wall decoration.  ::) There then comes the eBay moment after 5 years and the following week the 'bargin of the week' needs to be purchased again, with 5 years inflation+VAT and P+P!  :(

Enjoy your decorative tap and don't forget to lift it when you next do a flitting!  ;)

Slainte, Bill.