Author Topic: XBR main stand assembly  (Read 695 times)

500 T C

XBR main stand assembly
« on: May 13, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
Does anyone have a clue how the main goes back together on an XBR ,I cannot find any thing in the workshop referring to the pin going through the frame and mainstand and how it is secured?  I am not sure where the "half  moon" item goes(the part with
an 8mm hole at one end a 5mm at the other). I have refered to a parts assembly and I'm sure a part is missing.
      I disassembled it with the mainstand rattling around, prior to powder coating, I would like to assemble it,  in some orderly fashion . At the moment, this situation is driving me nuts!
                     Any answers would be welcome....

guest1468

Re: XBR main stand assembly
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:13:56 PM »
Stand can be a problem. 
The pivot pin seized solid in the frame on mine & I had to cut it off with an angle grinder & make a spindle & spacers to go through the middle of the existing tube.
 The spring hooks to the small end of the crescent plate which fits around the pivot of the stand & anchors to a point on the other side of the bike above the stand. IE it crosses over at 45deg to the stand. Hope that helps. not easy to explain.

guest1418

500 T C

Re: XBR main stand assembly
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:03:48 PM »
Thanks for that Jefffa,
                                 that explains a lot,no retaining plate on the nearside!