Author Topic: mikuni BST 40 carb part  (Read 1628 times)

motomic

mikuni BST 40 carb part
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Trying to resurect my Aprilia Moto 6.5 and have found the rubber between the carb - BST40 - and inlet manifold is dead, deceased, popped its clogs.  What other thumpers used this carb and might have an interchangeale bit? alternatively any help or advice at all would be much appreciated.

Seem to have buggered up the plastic screw that the choke cable goes into as well, will need one of those too.

nice thumper when it's running

themoudie

Re: mikuni BST 40 carb part
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 09:53:09 PM »
Aye motomic,

Have a conversation with Allens Performance. The founder was a gent and it is now run by his wife and family, so far as I am aware.

This is the link to their website, with all the contact details, etc. ALLENS PERFORMANCE

I hope this will help.

My regards, Bill.

motomic

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »
thanks for that, I have sent them an email.  I sometimes find that on tinternet searches there are too many results and I cannot always figure out the ones that are useful so this helps a lot.

SteveC#222

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:44:30 AM »
I can't really help you much, you have a very rare beast there, I don't think I've ever seen one in the flesh so spares are going to be a problem. Does it share any parts with the Pegaso which was a bit more popular?  The engine was by Rotax I believe so you may be able to get engine /carb bits from Rotax suppliers.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

motomic

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »
Hi,
Yes it is unusual, some time ago I had a Kawasaki KLX 650 which at first I thought was a bit feeble but once I had made the adjustment to the single way of things decided it was a hoot. Problem was the really really I mean really painful seat.  So I thought I’d get a road going single and preferred this to the SRX or XBR which were the other offerings at the time.  Sold like lead balloons here but there is a thriving owners group in Germany and Italy and the Germans in particular have been most helpful.

The engine is Rotax same as early Pegaso and also the BMW funduro I think it was called back then.  Some differences, the Peg has two carbs I think but some time ago when the starter packed up I got a second hand one from a Peg that did the job fine.

I am really looking forward to getting this bike back on the road.  I have only ever seen one other in the flesh and that was in Amsterdam. 

motomic

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »
Aye motomic,

Have a conversation with Allens Performance. The founder was a gent and it is now run by his wife and family, so far as I am aware.

This is the link to their website, with all the contact details, etc. ALLENS PERFORMANCE

I hope this will help.

Thanks, just called them, they have the lot, very helpful, just the ticket.

My regards, Bill.

Fatboy

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 05:58:23 PM »
Try http://apriliaperformance.co.uk/
Speak to Griff. Very help when I had a pair
of RSV's.

themoudie

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 09:14:53 PM »
Aye motomic,

I hope this will help.

Thanks, just called them, they have the lot, very helpful, just the ticket.

My regards, Bill.

I hope all works out well once the parts arrive and are fitted.

My regards, Bill.