Author Topic: MuZ Skorpion Sport Exhaust  (Read 1756 times)

rik100

MuZ Skorpion Sport Exhaust
« on: January 23, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »
Help ! i am trying to find a good used end can for my 2000 muz 660 sport. Bike came with a Swarbrick carbon race end can, sounds amazing but way to loud for road use. Its up for sale if anyone wants one ! Can anyone help ?? Cheers, Rik.

gordy2169

Re: MuZ Skorpion Sport Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:21:15 AM »
hi
 i know next to nothing about these but my bro's got the sports/tour (he just joined us in the mad house) try pm him he's "skorpi660" we took my scorpion end can off my bandit for obvious reasons and just slipped it on his pipe (no insest jokes plz lol) but all my bikes have shal we say "after market" cans ... hell my r6 dosnt even have a can i would suggest  you ask about and find a local m.o.t center that will "forget to check" the pipe wink wink nudge nudge or you can buy a slip in/ fake baffle and even some that will cut some of the noise.

but i personally beleave the old adage loud pipes save lives!!!!! ;)

skorpi660

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:53:09 PM »
Hi Rik, I had an original pipe on my Traveller when I brought it, but aft awhile an annoying rattle developed inside the the can. I took it off so's to take a look at the problem & could not believe how bloody heavy it was.. Found that the baffle was loose inside, cut can open & took baffle out, then folded & riveted an alloy sheet around it, sounded pretty awesome, but I could not get outa my head how heavy it was, after reading alot of tuning info on a MuZ Skorpion forum  ( http://mzskorpion.info/phpbb2/index.php ) I fitted a renagade can and link pipe from a 2003 R6, this had the baffle inplace and once rejetted with a stage 3 carb kit from Dale Walker of Holeshot fame, ( www.holeshot.com ) in the states much improved the bikes performance.. Dale Walker has many years experience tuning The Yam Engine & offers tuning kits & Exhaust Cans to meet all needs...
    These Skorpz fly with alittle tuning, just don't over bore it as it leads to overheating probs & blown head gaskets, but then I amm running 113mm dia piston with 12.1 ratio.. poor ol'gal can't seem to keep her head, so I'm in the process of fitting a 22gauge copper head gasket & having both head & barrel machined flat... Will also be fitting a proper thermostate  & housing from same R6/FZR..
    I have also had the flywheel lighted & re-balanced, there is no remarkable difference in top end, still around 115mph on a good day, but 50 to 90 is increadably quick & the sound is juz phenomenal..
    Try This ( http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/13618289 ) & enjoy.. Check out the comments.. I hope this helps M8.......

Steffan

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:56:07 PM »
I have my original tour OE can, PM and maybe we can do a deal

Steffan

rik100

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:21:34 PM »
Thanks, PM sent. Ta.