Author Topic: XBR500 Cam chain confusion...  (Read 598 times)

pigafetta

XBR500 Cam chain confusion...
« on: June 29, 2011, 06:48:21 PM »
Hiya

Could somebody please confirm whether or not an XBR500SJ camchain will fit an XBR500H? I'm a little confused. Hi-Level list the same part number for both models as do Wemoto. However, Lings and the Honda parts fiche list different Honda part numbers for each model. Other sources just list them for XBR500 with no particular model reference. Dave Silver has an SJ one and it's a good price, I just don't want to waste my money (I have an H).

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, I need to sort this at the hurry-up. It's my only transport at the mo, and I don't do buses  :(

Thanks all,
Dave B

themoudie

Re: XBR500 Cam chain confusion...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:10:23 PM »
Aye Dave,

Ring Dave Silver up and ask, they are usually knowledgeable and happy to help. I've asked some dam fool questions in the past and they have got out the 'very near calipers' and come back with an answer! Honda CD175 gearbox sprockets fit Ducati single widecase shafts and are a lot cheaper!  ;D

My regards, Bill.

pigafetta

Re: XBR500 Cam chain confusion...
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 12:27:02 AM »
That kind of stuff is always good to know  :)

I'll ask Dave Silvers in the morning, I'm just being impatient. I don't like being without a bike as I don't drive a car. The idea was to run the XBR until my XL600 was roadworthy then strip it down and completely rebuild, but money's dried up somewhat so the project's floundering a bit.

I got sick of the popping and farting and clattering from the XBR so I thought I'd better address the problem before I did some terminal damage. The top end looks surprisingly healthy so far. Cams and followers etc are in really good nick. The cam chain is definitely on it's last legs though.

Cheers,

Dave B