Author Topic: A bit of Off Roading for you  (Read 924 times)

Furry John

• Global Moderator
A bit of Off Roading for you
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Hi, just received this on an off roading invite, could be some of you may wish to try it!!!!!

http://www.wimp.com/impossibleclimb

Furry
Here I go again!!

mini-thumper

Re: A bit of Off Roading for you
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 03:39:56 PM »
When I was about sixteen I belonged to a bike club called the Gilfach Triangle and they used to regularly stage a hill climb nr. Tredegar (South Wales). The course was as steep as the one shown but used less sophisticated bikes from the early 70's and beyond. Regular multiple tumbles but thankfully no broken bones; but never saw anyone make it right to the top!   

Boyd

beeman

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »
About 10 years ago I went to one on the isle of man but the bikes weren't modified. Was with a guy from Detroit who told me that he had seen them in the states.
One of the sports channels had a couple of programmes on a series of hill climb races in the states.
It looked like a good spectator sport, and the bikes had some serious modifications, just look at the length's of swinging arms. Mind you a lack of thinking to much probably helps!
 ;D ;D
beeman
We all get Heavier as we get Older because there is a lot more information in our heads

guest7

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 07:05:45 PM »
I spent a very enjoyable evening recently watching hillclimb clips on YouTube. Check out the US stuff first, some of the less steep courses have some amazing jumps on them, awesome stuff.

The Euro climbs are less mind-boggling, but the variety of stuff being ridden up them is very funny.

GC